Flashlight

/ Flashlight #1  

N80

Tractor
Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL
I need a decent, small, tough, bright flashlight. All of mine are either cheap or lost. I know you can spend a whole lot of money on flashlights these days. A friend has a fairly small one (smaller than a c-cell Mag-Lite) that easily illuminates 300 yards. It cost hundreds of dollars.

I don't want to spend that much since whatever I get will eventually get lost or have the battery rupture inside it.

I do not like the ones that you have to click the on-off switch sequentially to change brightness and then turn it off. I want to be able to turn it off with a single click. I would like it to fit in a coat pocket.

The variety of flashlights out there is overwhelming and hard to sort through all the features, specs and price points.

Interested in flashlights you guys have found to be practical and durable without breaking the bank.

/ Flashlight #2  
I like the MagLite brand. Amazon and Ebay have loads of them for $20 or less. The smaller ones are about 6" and come with a belt holster. You can also get larger D cell type too. I also have a bunch of the HF LED freebies but they don't last long.

Amazon.com: mini mag flashlight

/ Flashlight
I have a few of the old style Mag-Lites. They are not very bright. Have not looked at the newer models.

/ Flashlight
Good to know.

/ Flashlight #6  
A friend bought me a Duracell Alluminum LED with adjustable focus, that she got at costco. I had her pick me up another pack of four, different colors. GREAT flashlight, super bright, good price, but I am having trouble with them, and have been meaning to contact Duracell. Reminds me of the junky old plastic flashlights you had to hit and shake to work. Anybody else come across this issue with the Duracells?

/ Flashlight #7  
I got one of these as a gift Shadowhawk X800 and it seems to be a good light. Much brighter compared to my little 2AA Maglites, and throws light further. One button on - off, other features require multiple clicks but basic operation is simple.

/ Flashlight #9  
It's very easy to go down the rabbit hole on flashlights. I've owned a bunch of them and I'm a pretty big fan of Fenix and Eagletac. They're a little spendy but have held up to a fair bit of abuse and work well.

For you use I'd look at EagleTac's D series: EAGTAC - D series - EagleTac.com

They've got a wide range of batteries(I'm a fan of 2x CR123 for power reasons) with on/off click + half-press to shift modes. My D25C2 can light up our whole 2 acres at night, can go down to 3 lumens and is small enough to fit in your pocket.