How much do you pay for your vehicle registration?

/ How much do you pay for your vehicle registration? #51  
I paid $260 for a 02 SLS, 81 F150, 85 F350 dump and a 01 800cc volusia. All one year and in Ohio. I about pooped myself when the lady said how much it was. Been audited for insurance 3 times already and I'm 26 lol

Randomly audited I might add, I have two other buddies, one had two audits the other had one, both around my age.

Audits are a pain and if you don't show proof within a certain time they will suspend your license and tack on penalties and fines even if your all legit.

We all had 2-4 cars and or trucks in our names each, maybe that was the reason idk.

/ How much do you pay for your vehicle registration? #52  
I just read as part of a Facebook post that in 2017 Michigan drivers are going to be paying an ADDITIONAL TWENTY PERCENT on their currently obscene vehicle registration fees. Get this: I am now paying $160 a year for a registration fee for a SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD Y2K GMC 3/4 ton that I drive maybe 1500 miles a year. I now pay $90 a year for registration fees on a 2004 Saturn that gets driven maybe 3000 miles a year. I find such increases to be an obscene farce...can anyone tell me if the state you live in charges such an obscene fee for registration? My feelings are this: Registration fees should be based on the weight of the vehicle and more importantly: THE NUMBER OF MILES IT IS DRIVEN A YEAR. Why should I have to subsidize the people who put 60,000 miles a year on a 6,000 pound truck...? WHAT A FARCE !!! Just saying here: I hate the way the government here (bleeps over) the seniors and we are planning to move quite soon.

:laughing: LUXURY Mate! Pure luxury. I'm with Thomas and EricTheOracle in that my '07 Hilux Ute (V6 4 litre) is $584.38 for this coming year. And that's in Australian dollars so forgive me if I LMAO at your outrage.

Now, included in my registration (of course we call it 'rego' :)) is 3rd party insurance, there is no official inspection after initial registration and, when you live in a State with just a titch over 500,000 population I guess the money has to come from somewhere.

Oh, and "they" charge the same amount for a motorcycle! Which is why I sold mine after moving here 4 years ago.

Count your blessings Mate.

/ How much do you pay for your vehicle registration? #53  
By the time you tack on 3rd party, I guess it's about the same as over the ditch.

/ How much do you pay for your vehicle registration?
Just saying here that "Personal property tax" is an entirely different matter than what one pays for ACTUAL vehicle license plates. Wagtail says he pays a huge amount for vehicle registrations, but according to Google, Australian residents who own a home are basically EXEMPT from property taxes on your home. My current property tax nears $3600 per year. I truthfully think his post may be misleading in some ways.

/ How much do you pay for your vehicle registration? #55  
Just saying here that "Personal property tax" is an entirely different matter than what one pays for ACTUAL vehicle license plates. Wagtail says he pays a huge amount for vehicle registrations, but according to Google, Australian residents who own a home are basically EXEMPT from property taxes on your home. My current property tax nears $3600 per year. I truthfully think his post may be misleading in some ways.

What post was that? This one?
"LUXURY Mate! Pure luxury. I'm with Thomas and EricTheOracle in that my '07 Hilux Ute (V6 4 litre) is $584.38 for this coming year. And that's in Australian dollars so forgive me if I LMAO at your outrage.

Now, included in my registration (of course we call it 'rego' ) is 3rd party insurance, there is no official inspection after initial registration and, when you live in a State with just a titch over 500,000 population I guess the money has to come from somewhere.

Oh, and "they" charge the same amount for a motorcycle! Which is why I sold mine after moving here 4 years ago.

Count your blessings Mate." Where is property tax?
"

/ How much do you pay for your vehicle registration? #56  

Wow! I'll pop down to the Shire Council's office ask ask them why they annually send me a bill for A$1400.00. :thumbsup:

Property taxes isn't the subject of this thread and my post had nothing to do with that. Every State (Aus or US)/Province have their own system/taxes/duties/levies. Here in Tasmania 3rd Party Insurance is included (A$294.00 of the A$584.38 total for 12 months rego). In other Australian States you need to go to a private provider of 3rd Party, then present that certificate to the rego department before they'll issue the rego certificate (after paying the rego costs/taxes/levy/etc...).

Some others, from other States/Provinces, have said that their rego is a lot more than MI... some, less. However MI's is hardly obscene.