What did you do at work today?

/ What did you do at work today? #11  
Thought of doing some work last week. Haven't got to it yet...

/ What did you do at work today?
Welded some grips on the fingers for a robot on some AR400 plate that was water-jet.

Attachments

• IMG_3034.JPG
    IMG_3034.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 533
   / What did you do at work today? #13  
Removed the Injector Pump and starter from my 3910. Pump will be rebuilt, leaking diesel. Starter solenoid requires 3 or 4 hits before engaging.

Who has time for retirement.....

Not sure where you live in MO but a guy on Jackson MO fixed a leak in the top of my pump for $75 without having to rebuild it.

/ What did you do at work today? #14  
Not sure where you live in MO but a guy on Jackson MO fixed a leak in the top of my pump for $75 without having to rebuild it.

We've got a good small shop locally. Where mine is leaking he has to disassemble the pump to fix it. So he'll put a kit in it replacing all the seals and gaskets. Even then, it'll probably be $200 or so. Said it depended on what he found. Hoping for good news. Thanks for the tip though!!!!

/ What did you do at work today? #15  
Used the CMM this morning to help a supervisor get a couple of parts up and running for a big customer. Ours has been an abrasive relationship since I started here. However, getting him the info he needed for adjustments in about 2 minutes seems to have softened him a bit. He even thanked me (that's a first).

CEO brought around paychecks already today, too. I'll call this a good day.

/ What did you do at work today? #16  
Keeping low profile..to much b.....ing going on. :rolleyes:

/ What did you do at work today? #17  
Used the CMM this morning to help a supervisor get a couple of parts up and running for a big customer. Ours has been an abrasive relationship since I started here. However, getting him the info he needed for adjustments in about 2 minutes seems to have softened him a bit. He even thanked me (that's a first).

CEO brought around paychecks already today, too. I'll call this a good day.

That was my gig for 30 years. DEA, Sheffield, Mitoyo, but mostly Zeiss.

Maybe stick with welding? :)

You say that cause I threw the piece out of the mill yesterday? lol. I love running the milling machine, I been welding for 31ish years and I get burnt out on it pretty quick.

The Woods bush hog I bought has a baler belt on the front of it as a guard, it's torn up. I was looking thru the manual and found a picture of a chain option. I started working on that. We don't have any fab machines to break or bend so I am going to make it angled with a plate and piece of angle iron. I started cutting slots and got one done. The guy at the hardware store is going to flip out when I tell him I need him to cut me 56 pieces of 5/16" chain 7 links long, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_2852.JPG
    IMG_2852.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_3037.JPG
    IMG_3037.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_3038.JPG
    IMG_3038.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_3033.JPG
    IMG_3033.JPG