For the other retired guys::

/ For the other retired guys:: #1  

Retiredguy2

Gold Member
Tractor
Deere 4410
What endears you most about not having to work for a living? I was thinking about that subject yesterday when I called our vet to make appointments for three of our cats, and told them to give me a number of days and times that would work well for their schedule and I would be there when they chose. Such works out well for both them and me...

Does anyone recall the movie back in about 1994: "Nobody's Fool" starring Paul Newman. I read a review of that that stated, quote: "Newman plays his role so well, he personifies someone who revels in his ability to be ALMOST IRRESPONSIBLE (emphasis added).

Yes...that is what basically endears me to being retired for nearly 15 years now. I can pretty much do what I want to, when I want to, however I want to. :thumbsup:

/ For the other retired guys:: #2  
Yes...that is what basically endears me to being retired for nearly 15 years now. I can pretty much do what I want to, when I want to, however I want to. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

I have difficulty finding ladies willing to cooperate.

/ For the other retired guys:: #3  
I should probably check a calendar more often. A couple of weeks ago I went to town, found one store closed. Forgot it was Sunday.

I haven't worn a watch for years.

Bruce

/ For the other retired guys::
I should probably check a calendar more often. A couple of weeks ago I went to town, found one store closed. Forgot it was Sunday.

I haven't worn a watch for years.

Bruce

What I found simply hilarious was at my retirement party, my gift was a gold watch. I have never quite understood why those are a traditional retirement gift, because after you retire do you actually give a (bleep) about what time it is? :laughing:

/ For the other retired guys:: #5  
I was watching Jeremiah Johnson yesterday. Towards the end Redford asks Will Geer "What month might it be ?"
I'm almost there; I often need to check my phone to see what day of the week it is.

/ For the other retired guys:: #7  
I still wear a watch but gave up the cell phone because I don't need to be talking to anyone or more importantly no one needs to talk to me or know when or where I'm going to be. It's nice to be finally free from all the electronic leashes and schedules. Freedom of time and movement is the greatest freedom of all.

/ For the other retired guys:: #8  
For everyone who is retired, good for you and bless you for working so hard to be retired. I am 41 and have several friends who are retired, my in laws are retired. Here's what bothers me about people being retired, they think because they have nothing to do that I have nothing to do. I work in a machine shop and friends know I can do stuff for them here, they bring me something they are working on and want me to fix it and say "I'm in no hurry" then the next day they come by and say "you get that part done yet?" NOPE! I work for someone else and their stuff comes first since they sign my paycheck. I have a friend who restores cars, another friend (retired) bought a car and said other friend is going to restore car, he has 2 to do before he gets to said car. I told the guy who restores cars the other day that the other guy is going to pester him so much about his car while he's working on it and he will be there everyday, he said "he already is!".

/ For the other retired guys:: #9  
My Dad is retired and many of the folks he visits and spends time with are retired. Yet he still travels like he was still working (been retired over 20 years). He will go camping for a 3 day weekend and complain about the crowds. He can camp in the middle of week, but just likes weekends.

/ For the other retired guys:: #10  
That's great to hear you guys got to retire, as for me unless I'm unable to physically do work, I won't retire. If I do retire I plan to farm for the rest of my life, buy some land and take care of 25-30 head of cattle.

But I can count my time in decades before I'm even close to that age.

I just hope I die before I land in a nursing home, if I do make it there I hope there not stingy with the good meds lol.