Wind Generation

/ Wind Generation #1  

SandburRanch

Veteran Member
Tractor
NHtd75
Has anyone ever seen evidence of a buried cable from any of the large wind generators in your area or a power sub-station to distribute electric power? I've driven by thousands and have never seen any evidence electric power is being distributed anywhere. Rather strange I'd say.

Attachments

• wind turbine June 2012.JPG
    wind turbine June 2012.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 150
   / Wind Generation #2  
It's a conspiracy. Just to make the friends of the politicians rich in the sale and installation of these things.

I actually watched and talked to some electricians wiring in the HV underground services for these turbines. Quite interesting.

The underground plant usually connects to overhead wires at some point and then to transformer stations.

/ Wind Generation #3  
Toured a wind farm in Kansas, pretty neat. I threw them for a loop when I asked them what would happen when we run out of foreign wind! lol

Gary

/ Wind Generation #4  
Most wiring is underground in the 195 tower windfarm near my house. There is some overead wiring and from substation to transmission it's overhead. Much is underground so it doesn't interfere with land use...and looks better.

/ Wind Generation #7  
Even more interesting is trying to find a single power plant that has be replaced by wind power? All those billions of tax payer money spent for green energy, and you have to keep the power plants running 24/7 because the windmills are so unreliable, and difficult to keep working.

Another thing that would be fun is trying to find a windmill farm that exists without government funding to keep it going.

And the easiest is to count all the windmills that are in disrepair and falling apart because the government funding ended and it costs more to maintain them then they generate in revenue.

/ Wind Generation #8  
It's one thing to encourage, even provide tax write offs for private R&D; it's another to subsidize, for political purposes, an industry that clearly has no competitive edge and that seems to be what we are doing. I see it maybe working in some areas like Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands that have no petroleum and natural gas, and where the cost of electricity is out of sight because their fuel is imported primarily from Venezuela.

/ Wind Generation #9  
I just wanna know what they do with all the airplanes those propellers come off of ????? :confused:

/ Wind Generation #10  
This video is what it looks like from my backyard. The only good part is no one can build a house around them in case they come apart so things should never change . You can drive a hour to the east or to the west and still be in the Wind Farm. The neat part is seeing 3000 of the red lights on top go off and on at the same time all night. The annoying part is the shadows when the sun shines through them in the morning on the road. Up Close Windmill - YouTube