What is this tool??

/ What is this tool?? #11  
I wonder if it's an adjustable circle cutter for tiles, so a shower control can be mounted without a multi piece bodge-up. For $3.98, you probably should have bought it, just because.

/ What is this tool?? #12  
If that $3.98 price is correct you should have bought one just to figure out what it does! If nothing else it would have been good entertainment figuring it out.

/ What is this tool?? #13  
Quite the contraption...just to hold an allen wrench;)

/ What is this tool?? #14  
I looked it over again and believe it is some sort of insertion tool.
It is affixed to a work table and when you squeeze the grip it pushes or inserts something into 'something'.\
But what I don;t know.

/ What is this tool?? #15  
California, you should have bought it and dissected it for us to see what it does.

/ What is this tool?? #16  
I'm not so sure I agree 100% with your policework there Lou..

If its got cutters, its probably for cutting something....

/ What is this tool?? #17  
What is this tool?

I went thrift store shopping, picked up a 30 inch wall-mount screwdriver rack and a never-used HF face shield with the 'screen protector' layer still on it. New toys!

But I'm baffled by this thing I saw. It has diamond-shaped cutters at the center and at the outer edge of that plate. :scratchchin: No I didn't bring it home with me!

View attachment 495726

You gotta go back! :laughing:

/ What is this tool?? #18  
This is clearly for biopsy of the brain.

/ What is this tool??
You gotta go back! :laughing:
Wish I could! At the moment we're in a motel near San Francisco. We met Younger Daughter* who flew out from NYC for a job interview, she wants to transfer to the West Coast. We're playing tourist today/tomorrow while she is here with us.

But I did the right thing not buying that tool. I'm still clearing c**p like that out of the barns after 15 years, Dad would and did buy anything if it was cheap enough. I inherited a lot of mystery items and have gotten rid of most of them. At first I was going to build more storage, then came to my senses and started selling or giving away things instead.

Just last year I got the storage barn/prior chicken coop cleared out to park my watering trailer (IBC tote) under cover. It was outside several years and the plastic is ageing. This is a better use for that enclosed space than storing three big long workbenches for .... storing them for what???? Just because they cost $5 doesn't justify storing them unused for 30 years.

I've learned to pass up bargains like that mystery item, even if it was $3.98 less 25% markdown.

==========
* Inspector507 - Remember Younger Daughter? yep that's her, the kid who bicycled across the country alone. Since then she finished grad school at Princeton and is working in a very responsible job in downtown Manhattan. Obviously got her brains from my wife.

Last edited:
   / What is this tool?? #20  
I meant to take more pictures.... :laughing:

But I hear you on the junk collecting... I'm going through the process of gearing up to let it go, too. :thumbsup: