Here's a new one---Cooking Disks

/ Here's a new one---Cooking Disks #1  

Bulverde

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4500
Here\'s a new one---Cooking Disks

I apologize if this is the wrong forum but this weekend my friend had an actaul 22" wide field disk that he welded some handles on and used it to cook everything from bacon and eggs to fajitas. They were terrific!!

Who makes these? He told me that some people make them so elaborate that thay have tortilla warmers, etc. Looking for something that works and is creative.

/ Here's a new one---Cooking Disks
Re: Here\'s a new one---Cooking Disks

Obviously wrong post area. Sorry for all the views. Is there anywhere to post such a request?

ok...here's what I mean. I found this by doing a web search and I promise, this is not my company. Just did a web search and want to show an example of what I mean. No endorsement..Don't even know who these people are. Just FYI.

http://www.stmservices.net/pages/5/

/ Here's a new one---Cooking Disks #4  

Yep, that looks like a Texas frying pan. Bet the propane burners look like the space shuttle taking off. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Here's a new one---Cooking Disks #5  

You can find similar pans in Indian/Pakistani & Korean/Oriental stores. The cast iron fry pan is called a "Kadhai" -- traditional Indian wok" It has has similar convex shape and large handles.

Attachments

• 424335-kadhai.jpg
    424335-kadhai.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 98
   / Here's a new one---Cooking Disks #6  

That looks like a king sized wok. I hadn't heard of that before but it looks like it would work well. Friends of ours have something similar, except it's a flat disk used primarily for doing Mongolian barbecues.

/ Here's a new one---Cooking Disks #7  

I must admit, when I saw the title, and your profile location,
I thought you might be talking about cow pies as cooking implements.

Glad I was wrong.

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

These are actually plowing disks. The center hole is welded closed and handles are welded on. They work great for camping and grilling. Guess no one in here has seen the homemade types:)

/ Here's a new one---Cooking Disks #9  

No, I never had seen one of these rigged up, after 60 years in Illinois and NY farming. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The entrepreneur in me says that there is probably a business here to be made...seems like a real "natural" for backyard cookout types. If you could get the disc, the handles and welding done, and sell it in the $30-50 range. Worth testing a few out. I know I'd like one. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Here's a new one---Cooking Disks #10  

I made my own a few years ago. They work great. Do you have a local farmer, most will give you disks that they are replacing. These are great as there is no coating on the metal.

They hold season well, but grease or oil after use.

Use as you would a griddle. When things are done move them up the sides to keep warm.

make you own, cost about 2 bucks for stick if you can find the shoes and disk for free.

Dane