Any idea what this came out of?

/ Any idea what this came out of? #1  

Luke'sScreenName

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX4800 with BH-90X hoe; Hustler FastTrack 48; B3300SU (sold); 1969 Case 680B CK (sold)
1491941169778.jpg

/ Any idea what this came out of?
Something in my workshop...

/ Any idea what this came out of? #3  
It looks like it might be a locking pin for a grinder or saw so that the blade can be changed.

/ Any idea what this came out of? #4  
Man, don't you hate it when you find that kind of stuff, just lying around. However, the day after you throw it away - you will figure out what it was for.

/ Any idea what this came out of? #5  
Safety for a nuclear bomb. You better get moving.

Seriously, looks like a trigger lock for a tool like a jig saw or something. Total guess on my part though.

Safety for a nuclear bomb. You better get moving.

Seriously, looks like a trigger lock for a tool like a jig saw or something. Total guess on my part though.

Ding ding! We have a winner. My first thought was a spindle lock on a grinder etc but they were all there. After reading your post I remembered my dewalt grinder has a trigger lock that I never use. That was it.

Thanks! :thumbsup:.

1491949466288.jpg

/ Any idea what this came out of? #8  
You are one lucky dude - Luke. I think in all my years of finding little bits & pieces, I've only identified a "piece" once. Around here, when a piece is lost, its usually lost for good.

Well, kind of a hollow victory. I don't use the trigger lock and it won't go back in there anyway.

I decided to buy a "good" grinder a few years ago. Shelled out the cash and the first weekend I set the bucket of my Case 680 on it and cracked the housing. :mad:

Well, kind of a hollow victory. I don't use the trigger lock and it won't go back in there anyway.

I decided to buy a "good" grinder a few years ago. Shelled out the cash and the first weekend I set the bucket of my Case 680 on it and cracked the housing. :mad: