Dixie Chopper-Chopper?

/ Dixie Chopper-Chopper? #1  

shoppintractors

Veteran Member
Tractor
Shoppin', Formerly Ford 1220, 7106 FEL, 60
The boys at Orange County Choppers aka "American Chopper" were commissioned to build a theme bike for the Dixie Chopper Company (ZTR mower). They used the same motor Dixie Chopper uses for the lawn mowers to power the bike. Interesting finished product...

Anybody see the show? It re-airs tonight on The Discovery Channel.

Don

/ Dixie Chopper-Chopper? #2  
Sounds like another hoot, but past my bedtime. Their shop is about 10 miles from me. Although untidy, the place wreaks of cash - huge expensive transport equipment in numbers. Machinery everywhere. Paulie Sr. was in the steel fab biz first.

OCC is auctioning off one of their one-off 'tail' fat boys at the local bank. The SO has bought a ticket for it (20$). Guess noone wants this one.

Heck, where's Junkman, he should buy a bunch o tickets and acution em off on eBay!

/ Dixie Chopper-Chopper? #3  
I saw the first show of this one, but not the final product. Maybe I'll get to see the rerun tonite... or maybe I can tape it.

/ Dixie Chopper-Chopper? #4  
<font color="blue"> Anybody see the show? </font>
I saw it. Thought it was a neat way to use a lawn mower engine. I didn't see which brand engine they used. Was it Generac, Kohler, or a Kawasaki engine they used?

/ Dixie Chopper-Chopper?
<font color="blue"> Was it Generac, Kohler, or a Kawasaki engine they used? </font>

I wasn't paying that close of attention....however there is a picture of the bike here on the Orange County Chopper website. Custom Chrome job for the motor. Can ya recognize the motor manufacturer?

Don

/ Dixie Chopper-Chopper? #6  
<font color="blue"> Can ya recognize the motor manufacturer?</font>
No. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Dixie Chopper-Chopper? #7  
Interesting looking bike but right now I'd settle for the inverse... a Dixie Chopper mower powered by a Harley V-Twin /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Dixie Chopper-Chopper? #8  
According to one of the OCC websites, the engine they used is a Generac that is rated for 25hp. It is a standard production engine that Dixie uses in some of their mowers. The specs are 992cc 4 cycle v-twin. They probably about doubled the HP with the engine and other mods that were made.

/ Dixie Chopper-Chopper? #9  
You want to see something interesting powered by a Harley motor, go here: beavertail mudmotor

This is for getting through shallow muddy swamps in search of good duck hunting spots. Most use 10-25 hp lawn mower engines, but this one is different! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif