What is It ?

/ What is It ? #1  

zzvyb6

Elite Member
Tractor
jd 1070
Good friend of mine is scratching his head over this wooden item donated to the Historical Society he is a member of.

Not a boot jack or sling shot grip. I've exhausted the Google Image Search tool. Now I ask the Great and Powerful TBN brain-trust.

Thanks for any help !

Attachments

• 2161.jpeg
    2161.jpeg
    659.1 KB · Views: 283
   / What is It ? #3  
It would work for digging sauerkraut out of a barrel but it's real purpose is beyond me.

/ What is It ? #4  
Textiles and the fact that it appears to be made of a polished hardwood reminded me of a "fid". Fids are used in working with cordage, so...

I think that it's some sort of "lucet" : Lucet - Wikipedia

/ What is It ? #5  
Something to stick in the ground to set your rifle in for steady shooting?

David

/ What is It ? #6  
2/3 of a trident, one time use hot dog stick, pin down stick for snake wranglers, raised bed one row cultivator, improved 3 stooges eye poker, crutch for really short people,unicorn trap,fossilized snake tongue,beach chair elbow rest,the first attempt at making Tinkertoys,a finely sanded forked stick. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I got nothin.
Bill

/ What is It ? #8  
2/3 of a trident, one time use hot dog stick, pin down stick for snake wranglers, raised bed one row cultivator, improved 3 stooges eye poker, crutch for really short people,unicorn trap,fossilized snake tongue,beach chair elbow rest,the first attempt at making Tinkertoys,a finely sanded forked stick. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I got nothin.
Bill

You forgot "rudder for a duck's butt."

/ What is It ? #9  
Its a lucet, it lets you weave. I have carved a few for some spinners near me. Its a great little tool.