US Postal Service Employees and the "Electronic or Change Service Requested" notices

/ US Postal Service Employees and the "Electronic or Change Service Requested" notices #1  

Silvic

Gold Member
Tractor
US Postal Service Employees and the "Electronic or Change Service Requested" notices

My question concerns the US Postal Service and its actions and the notice on many envelopes that state:
"Electronic Service Requested" or "Change Service Requested"

I hope that someone on here is an employee of the USPS and can clarify facts.

Without going into the details of how it happened (very long and convoluted story) a relative's mail started getting forwarded to my address. The local post office on the other end eventually stopped doing that after many complaints by me but by then the damage was done. This relative just does not care if they get their mail or not and only checks their mail box every week or so at most.

At the time, I contacted the USPS office on my end and inquired about how they could use the electronic service change system to correct/fix the problem and was stonewalled with denials that it even existed. Flat out denials that it existed even though there are notices on many business envelopes that state: "Electronic Service Requested" or "Change Service Requested."

We received mail for this individual for the next 2 -3 years before it finally dried up to maybe 2-3 per year at most from advertisers. I would write please forward to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX address on each envelope.

Well the problem has reoccurred as this individual is approaching 65 and every Tom, Dick and Harry is mailing Medicare supplement and Medicare information to them at my address not theirs.
They live in a completely different state. They lived there then and they do now, however they did move about 6 years ago to a new address in the other state.

Many of these medicare supplement mailings clearly state: "Electronic Service Requested" or "Change Service Requested" on the mailings. I have contemplated doing an address change at my post office for this relative to redirect their mail but based upon my experience with the USPS in the last couple of years and especially over this issue I am afraid they will forward my mail as well just because the last name is the same and if that happens I am screwed big time.

Now that the back ground is described.

The question is how and to whom do I contact to get this "Electronic Service Requested" or "Change Service Requested" action taken without them denying that the program exists and without my mail getting fouled up as well? I presume that the "Electronic Service Requested" or "Change Service Requested" allows the USPS to somehow electronically link to these companies and update the address but how that is done is beyond me. I just know that I am tired of getting between 4-5 mailings a day for this person and just want it to stop.

If you are a USPS employee and have any knowledge on this "Electronic Service Requested" or "Change Service Requested" please respond or Private Message me if this program is so secret that the USPS has to deny that it exist like they have in my over the counter questions at the station.

/ US Postal Service Employees and the "Electronic or Change Service Requested" notices
Re: US Postal Service Employees and the "Electronic or Change Service Requested" noti

No one on here works for the USPS? No response?

/ US Postal Service Employees and the "Electronic or Change Service Requested" notices #3  
   / US Postal Service Employees and the "Electronic or Change Service Requested" notices #4  
Re: US Postal Service Employees and the "Electronic or Change Service Requested" noti

I just use a black marker and draw a line thru my address and write on the envelope "not at this address" and put it back in the mailbox.

/ US Postal Service Employees and the "Electronic or Change Service Requested" notices #5  

No one on here works for the USPS? No response?

I sent you a PM 2 days ago. Must've gotten lost in the mail.:laughing:

/ US Postal Service Employees and the "Electronic or Change Service Requested" notices #6  

Just sent you another PM.