New Medicare Cards

/ New Medicare Cards #1  

rekees4300

Elite Member
Tractor
JD4300
Federal government will mail new Medicare cards between April 2018 and April 2019. The Social Security Number will be replaced with a new Medicare Number that's unique to you. The purpose is to help protect your identity.

Things to know:
- You don't need to take any action to get your new Medicare card.
- The new card won't change your Medicare coverage or benefits.
- Medicare will never ask you to give personal or private information to get your new Medicare number and card.
- There's no charge for your new card.

https://www.medicare.gov/forms-help-and-resources/your-medicare-card.html

/ New Medicare Cards #2  
This is way past it's due time. All those illegals with duplicated SSN's will have to purchase new SS Cards with duplicated new numbers. :laughing:

I thought it very strange and stupid when the military switched from Mil ID numbers (AFxxxxxxxx) to SSN's (xxx-xx-xxx) and then had to switch back again after 30 years.

/ New Medicare Cards #3  
This is way past it's due time. All those illegals with duplicated SSN's will have to purchase new SS Cards with duplicated new numbers. :laughing:

I thought it very strange and stupid when the military switched from Mil ID numbers (AFxxxxxxxx) to SSN's (xxx-xx-xxx) and then had to switch back again after 30 years.

I didn't know they had switched back. I started under the military number, then SSN. I can still recite the old military number.

Back when SSN first came in, wasn't it stipulated that it wasn't to be used for any other purpose?

/ New Medicare Cards #4  
Does Oklahoma still use your SSN for your drivers license number? I know they used to, but don't know whether that ever changed.

/ New Medicare Cards #5  
Massachusetts use to use it for the drivers licenses, but changed a few years back. When I was in the Army back in '68, they issued service #'s. Still remember mine. I couldn't believe when they started using SS #'s .

/ New Medicare Cards #6  
Does Oklahoma still use your SSN for your drivers license number? I know they used to, but don't know whether that ever changed.

Missouri used to but then switched back to a different numbering system. It ALL seemed like such a GREAT idea "back in the day" "why not just use the SSN?" That was all great before the era of "identity theft". Who had ever heard of such a thing? Medicare is so far behind the curve..

/ New Medicare Cards #7  
Massachusetts use to use it for the drivers licenses, but changed a few years back. When I was in the Army back in '68, they issued service #'s. Still remember mine. I couldn't believe when they started using SS #'s .

We all wondered about the validity of doing that, but government "knows best". yeah right. It didn't take them too long to figure out this was just helping bad people.

/ New Medicare Cards
Back when SSN first came in, wasn't it stipulated that it wasn't to be used for any other purpose?

That was the original intent but after computers were invented and the growth of government exploded that detail became inconvenient.

Some history: Social Security History

/ New Medicare Cards #9  
I didn't know they had switched back. I started under the military number, then SSN. I can still recite the old military number.

You are correct there but then everyone started using it so it almost became useless.

Yes, they even reissued my "Indeff" Retirement ID card to get my SSN off it. Of course I still remember my old AF ID number!