The Vietnam Story

/ The Vietnam Story #1  

Tractor Seabee

Elite Member
Port Orchard WA Kitsap Peninsula, West of Seattle
Tractor
Kubota BX25
Check out the link below before wasting time watching the documentary starting tonight; which many consider a communist propaganda story. It is your decision just as I have made mine. I was there; saw the aftermath of the devastation of HUE in the sacking of 1968.

Review Of Ken Burn's Vietnam PBS Series - Maggie's Farm

Ron

/ The Vietnam Story #2  
Thx for the info. Hard for anyone under 40 to understand this war.

/ The Vietnam Story #3  
Hard for a lot of people over 40 to understand it either.

I have never been able to watch anything portrayed about that time because it never matches what I experienced.

After, how for such a long time we tried so hard to hide the fact that we were ever there, for so many now to lie about being there, I will never understand.

/ The Vietnam Story #4  
Every story has more than one version.

I'm over 40, and can't for the life of me understand how a single life was worth it. VN? Don't even go there.

/ The Vietnam Story #5  
A screwed up involvement started by Kennedy to avenge the French loss continued by Johnson with no plan for victory and finally ended by Nixon with no win. 58,000 plus American lives lost and many other destroyed for WHAT? Bottom line if the civilian politicians get us in a war then let the military win it and come home

I did four tours and missed much of my kids early childhood and many of my friends missed much more as POWS in a **** hole all so we could come home and be spit on. sorry for the rant, ignore the F4 pilot as what does he know

/ The Vietnam Story #6  
Lot of memories.

/ The Vietnam Story #7  
The U.S. involvement in Vietnam began in July 26, 1950 when president Truman gave $15 million to France to help finance their war with the VietMinh. Eisenhower did it too. The first American soldier to die was under Eisenhower's watch on July 8, 1959.

The History Place - Vietnam War 1945-1960

/ The Vietnam Story #8  
Just another winfall for the Military Industrial Complex. Never mind the terrible human toll. The crimes against nature and the environment were truly disgusting.

/ The Vietnam Story #9  
The U.S. involvement in Vietnam began in July 26, 1950 when president Truman gave $15 million to France to help finance their war with the VietMinh. Eisenhower did it too. The first American soldier to die was under Eisenhower's watch on July 8, 1959. The History Place - Vietnam War 1945-1960
I think you'll find under Kennedy a few dozen advisers when elected to over 50 thousand when he was killed, gets him the credit for starting Vietnam. So much for Camelot.

/ The Vietnam Story #10  
I was there in '69 and '70 and have no interest in watching any crap about that place. I did my duty for my country, got no respect for my service to my country and only now have joined the VFW and American legion because I am a VETERAN and PROUD I served. There is NO good war, only BAD war, but I served.