New USPS service or Big Brother is watching?

/ New USPS service or Big Brother is watching? #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I got an email from USPS today informing me that I could partake in their new service. Basically, they will email me a picture of the front and back of every piece of mail that will be delivered in the next couple of days. It will be good if a piece of mail fails to make it to your box, but I wonder how the government is using this info.

/ New USPS service or Big Brother is watching? #2  
That's a "service" I never heard of before, and I wonder if it's on the level. I cannot imagine the USPS actually doing that, so I'd suspect that email came from someone else.

/ New USPS service or Big Brother is watching? #3  
That's a "service" I never heard of before, and I wonder if it's on the level. I cannot imagine the USPS actually doing that, so I'd suspect that email came from someone else.

My feelings as well.

/ New USPS service or Big Brother is watching? #4  
What, no X-Ray? Or chemical scan? What ever happened to the Anthrax fad anyway?

This wouldn't sit well with those mail carriers that like to fill their walls with mail for insulation.

/ New USPS service or Big Brother is watching? #5  
This has been around a long time. The post office hasn't been full of human mail sorters for some time. Machines do a lot of the work. "Cameras" can "read" the writing and or bar codes. Not really an issue. If they want to know they already would.

/ New USPS service or Big Brother is watching?
Looks pretty real to me.

1jtQSid
Click For Full-Size Image.

/ New USPS service or Big Brother is watching? #7  
Why is our government funded mail system doing this?????

/ New USPS service or Big Brother is watching?
They need another way to waste money!

As RNeumann stated, they already image the mail for sorting purposes. Since I have an account with USPS all they had to do is link my account email address with the sorting data base. Costs nothing and I think I like the idea of knowing that certain piece of mail is coming (checks etc).

/ New USPS service or Big Brother is watching? #10  

My feelings as well.

The wife signed us up,, I checked it this morning,, then the letters were in the box today.
It is kinda useless,, only flats are photographed.
We got an Amazon box,, no pic. We got a local newspaper,, no pic.
Junk mail ad from "Super Shoes" store,, we got the pic,,, :laughing: