Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 485
  1. #61
    Elite Member bigtiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,388
    Location
    central Iowa
    Tractor
    JD 2720

    Default Re: Carry permit. Would traffic stop make police be more cautious? yea or nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by PILOON View Post
    Over the years I have had my share of tickets, some well deserved some not.
    One that will burn me forever is when I pulled over (and had to cross a red light) which I did with great caution as an ambulance was hooting and bleeping for me to move over.
    What I did not know was a LEO was nearby and that cost me a serious ticket (and points).
    I will tell you that I now NEVER move for any siren or any emergency vehicle !

    Nor does my wife as when she once did the emergency vehicle clipped her fender and guess who paid. (we have 'no fault here' which means you pay to fix yours and he pays for his. (Fire truck bumpers don't even get a scratch but a Nissan fenders can't take it)

    An attorney confirmed that LEO's and other emergency vehicles are ruled by the same laws as other vehicles but are 'tolerated'.
    I recently learned that postal vehicles also enjoy the special tolerances.
    Shucks even an off duty volunteer fireman enjoys those privileges. (perhaps not in all jurisdictions but for sure in my neck of the woods)

    Nope, whoop, holler, play siren all U want, I don't move any more!
    That is about the most idiotic, self centered, bullheaded, me-first, thing I think anybody has said here for a long time. How can you possibly justify that statement knowing that the people you are preventing from saving a life, may be on their way to saving one of your loved ones?
    HAVE FUN

    Life is easier when you plow around the stumps.

    2720

  2. #62
    Super Member TomSeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,691
    Location
    .
    Tractor
    JD, Massey, Kubota, Case

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    I am an avid supporter of law enforcement; in fact someone near and dear to me is a member of the Police Department in another city and I have, and have had, friends in law enforcement. I have been helped more than hindered by law enforcement, so I can't complain, really. .
    That is not my experience. I have relatives who are LEOs and are the least honest of the clan. Liars actually. As far as interaction with traffic stops etc, the ones I have come into contact with are poorly trained and are not very thorough. Yeah, I appreciate them and they are needed to maintain order but I can't say I am impressed. I have yet to meet an Andy Griffin type but I am sure they are out there somewhere. They are all about revenue and ego in my opinion.
    Last edited by TomSeller; 10-06-2017 at 11:51 PM.

  3. #63
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    778

    Default Re: Carry permit. Would traffic stop make police be more cautious? yea or nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
    I

    Oh, one more thing. I wish they would crack down on some of the truckers in my area. They seem to ignore the speed limit, and I have been nearly driven off the road a couple of times recently when they crossed the center line...not to mention the texters and landscaping truck/trailers.
    I not a truck driver. I believe police love to ticket truckers. It's like big game hunting. Professional drivers seem to know where all the speed traps are.
    Us regular drivers are easier to get, in my opinion.

    I paid my first ticket at Magistrate office. I was 16. Magistrate saw me while paying citation. He looked at it and said to me, "You should ask for hearing".
    Hearing cost $5.. Fine $35 "What do I say?", I asked. He told me exactly what to say. Hearing resulted in reduced speed & fine. No mark against license.
    Have always asked for hearings for over 50 years. Drove 180 miles once to get to magistrate. My batting average 600 for reduced or dismissed.
    I have a lot of good stories about traffic hearings. Make a good thread sometime.

    I believe for police it's just another day at the office. Sometime bad things happen, though, and that's a bad thing.

    Cheers.....Coffeeman

  4. #64
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    778

    Default Re: Carry permit. Would traffic stop make police be more cautious? yea or nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    The way I learned, and can't recall ever varying when I stopped a vehicle was "Good Morning (or Evening or "How do you do?"), I'm Officer (last name) and I stopped you for (violation), may I see your driver's license please?"

    Incidentally, I love cruise control on my personal vehicles because, otherwise I, too, find it hard to avoid that speed creeping up on long trips.
    Cruse control. I never use it because, if becoming sleepy I seem to slow down naturally and any one in car easily notice my driving.
    If by myself I don't want to "cruse" off the road at 70 mph.

    Cheers

  5. #65
    Old Timer Soundguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    52,543
    Location
    Central florida
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

    Default Re: Carry permit. Would traffic stop make police be more cautious? yea or nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtiller View Post
    That is about the most idiotic, self centered, bullheaded, me-first, thing I think anybody has said here for a long time. How can you possibly justify that statement knowing that the people you are preventing from saving a life, may be on their way to saving one of your loved ones?
    Think about it from the other side.

    You carefully yield right of way to the ambulance, in doing so you creep thru a stop, safely, slowly. And then you get a stop sign ticket? That's 10000% bullsh*t.

    The police officer should loose his job. His supervisor that trained him should loose their job. The Chief Leo that allows that activity should loose their job. None of the 3 should be allowed to work in any typ of law enforcement or security work EVER again.

    It's crud like that that leads to police doing bad things. We have had 2 local police departments here in florida recently DISBANDED and their jurisdiction area turned over to the county for this type of antics. Trumped up charges, etc.

    Police are like apples and potatoes. You might have a bag of 12, but if even only one turns, the whole bag smells bad.
    souNdguy

    sent from my NOKIA LUMIA

  6. #66
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,343
    Location
    Pacific Northwest

    Default Re: Carry permit. Would traffic stop make police be more cautious? yea or nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by PILOON View Post
    Over the years I have had my share of tickets, some well deserved some not.
    One that will burn me forever is when I pulled over (and had to cross a red light) which I did with great caution as an ambulance was hooting and bleeping for me to move over.
    What I did not know was a LEO was nearby and that cost me a serious ticket (and points).
    I will tell you that I now NEVER move for any siren or any emergency vehicle !

    Nor does my wife as when she once did the emergency vehicle clipped her fender and guess who paid. (we have 'no fault here' which means you pay to fix yours and he pays for his. (Fire truck bumpers don't even get a scratch but a Nissan fenders can't take it)

    An attorney confirmed that LEO's and other emergency vehicles are ruled by the same laws as other vehicles but are 'tolerated'.
    I recently learned that postal vehicles also enjoy the special tolerances.
    Shucks even an off duty volunteer fireman enjoys those privileges. (perhaps not in all jurisdictions but for sure in my neck of the woods)

    Nope, whoop, holler, play siren all U want, I don't move any more!
    Sounds like this is time to request a hearing as mentioned by others. I pulled over for ambulance years ago and got rear ended. The guy that hit me said he didn't care if they had the sirens on.
    2007 Kubota L3130, LA723 FEL
    Land Pride FDR1672 rear finish mower, Frontier RB1172, Koyker KB60 BH
    Pallet forks, Golf cart canopy bolted to ROPS, 9" & 12" PHD
    2016 Ferris IS700Z 52" Briggs 27hp commercial turf series

  7. #67
    Bronze Member IRISHBOOMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    55
    Location
    Petoskey,MI
    Tractor
    2016 New Holland Boomer 37

    Default Re: Carry permit. Would traffic stop make police be more cautious? yea or nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by dgl24087 View Post
    In VA if you have a concealed carry permit, an ID check discloses that information. Running the tags will also disclose such information regarding the registered owner.
    Michigan is the same way they know by running your tags you have a concealed carry permit. I ALWAYS put both hands outside the vehicle where they can see them until they walk up and ask me for my credentials. Then I inform them where the weapon is and that Iím reaching for my credentials.

    I drive for a living and travel through several states. Iím always armed and choose to inform the officer I am armed. Creates a much more pleasant environment at the stop.

  8. #68
    Elite Member bigtiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,388
    Location
    central Iowa
    Tractor
    JD 2720

    Default Re: Carry permit. Would traffic stop make police be more cautious? yea or nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    Think about it from the other side.

    You carefully yield right of way to the ambulance, in doing so you creep thru a stop, safely, slowly. And then you get a stop sign ticket? That's 10000% bullsh*t.

    The police officer should loose his job. His supervisor that trained him should loose their job. The Chief Leo that allows that activity should loose their job. None of the 3 should be allowed to work in any typ of law enforcement or security work EVER again.

    It's crud like that that leads to police doing bad things. We have had 2 local police departments here in florida recently DISBANDED and their jurisdiction area turned over to the county for this type of antics. Trumped up charges, etc.

    Police are like apples and potatoes. You might have a bag of 12, but if even only one turns, the whole bag smells bad.
    I agree with everything you said. What I don't agree with is piloon's last sentence;

    Quote Originally Posted by PILOON View Post

    Nope, whoop, holler, play siren all U want, I don't move any more!
    That is what got my feathers ruffled.
    HAVE FUN

    Life is easier when you plow around the stumps.

    2720

  9. #69
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,268
    Location
    Boston
    Tractor
    L3700SU

    Default Re: Carry permit. Would traffic stop make police be more cautious? yea or nay?

    When you are pulled over and your plate is run, the cop knows immediately who the car is registered to and weather they have a CCW permit or not. I have been advised by LE that should I be pulled over..when the cop comes to the window, ..have my hands at 10/2 on the wheel, palms up. Doing this shows the cop that I have been coached by another cop and it will put him at ease a bit.

  10. #70
    Old Timer Soundguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    52,543
    Location
    Central florida
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

    Default Re: Carry permit. Would traffic stop make police be more cautious? yea or nay?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtiller View Post
    I agree with everything you said. What I don't agree with is piloon's last sentence;



    That is what got my feathers ruffled.
    the bad police in his area taught him this behavior. they are to blame.
    souNdguy

    sent from my NOKIA LUMIA

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. GR2120 Yea or Nay
    By Pete6114 in forum Kubota Lawn & Garden
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 03-06-2017, 10:08 AM
  2. Replies: 486
    Last Post: 11-13-2014, 07:59 PM
  3. Farm Show magazine - yea or nay?
    By kebo in forum Owning/Operating
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 03:02 PM
  4. JD990 Tool Box mount - Yea / Nay?
    By Champy in forum Customization
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-22-2007, 05:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2017 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.