eBay Stinker?

/ eBay Stinker? #2  
Okaaaaaayyy........ /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Call me stupid, but what is suspicious? I know nothing about this model of equipment, but.......is this a picture of your tractor or something?

Dave

/ eBay Stinker? #3  
The only concern I would have is that the seller has no feedback.

Hopefully, the buyer can vist the tractor in person prior to bidding on it.

The final price will end up being much higher than the opening bid. I think he wants to sell his tractor.

Yooper Dave

/ eBay Stinker? #4  
I question the pictures of NJ. Granted I am not that familiar with the state, but that looks more like Kansas in the background than NJ. I would consider it a questionable auction. No proof of fraud, but some doubt. Could be legit. I would not bid just because of my doubt.

/ eBay Stinker? #5  
That could very well be NJ, probably southern interior (not sure "which exit") /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif.
NJ has a pretty vast amount of differing landscapes. Right now, I'm sitting in the central part of the state which has gentle, rolling, wooded hills (once you get away from the highways). Mountains up north, and coastal plain down south.

Growing up, to me, NJ was always a bunch of pine trees and then the shore appeared. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ eBay Stinker? #6  
Looks like the area around Exit 6 of the Jersey Turnpike..... Cranberry area..... However from what I have heard recently, the whole state is having a building boom and farm land is rapidly disappearing..... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ eBay Stinker? #7  
I sent the seller the following question and the reply that I got back makes me wonder. Suddenly, I think that there might be a fraud going on here, but can't be certain. It might be an honest mistake, or it might not ... I will wait to hear the opinions of others.....

<font color="red">Dear crmonest,

I would like to inspect this item if it is possible. Where in NJ is it located????? thanks... </font>

<font color="blue">HI there! the tractor is not in NJ at this moment but at my fathers place in NY area and it will come from here, sorry for not mentiong that in my listing. Also in case you decide to buy it i must tell you that there will be no shipping costs for you to pay.
Thanks and let me know if you're interested. </font>

I am sending another e mail to ask where in NY it is located and telling him that I am willing to travel to the tractor to inspect before I bid. I am now awaiting a reply...

/ eBay Stinker? #8  
Junk man
I asked him also, I guess we just wait for the reply.

<font color="blue"> Where can I see this tractor before I bid on it?
I am willing to drive there to inspect it first
Thanks </font>

Tractor Ernie

/ eBay Stinker? #9  
the answer is definative........ /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

<font color="red">Invalid Item
The item you requested (3819155735) is invalid, still pending, or no longer in our database. Please check the number and try again. If this message persists, the item has either not started and is not yet available for viewing, or has expired and is no longer available.
</font>

Guess it was a fraud after all...... Good call on this one. Even had me believing that it was an OK auction.... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

My follow up question to the "seller" this morning:

<font color="blue">What happened to the auction. I am still interested in purchasing this tractor. Can we work out a private deal????? thanks </font>

/ eBay Stinker?
What am I to do with my new found talent? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So unnecessary to setup a no reserve auction on a 20K plus machine and start the bidding at 7k. Last month, the scammers were starting at 2500. That's why the 'are they getting smarter?' bit.

It's beginning to look like on any given day, a scam involving tractors can be found - easily.

I shudder to think what else is flowin through eBay's veins.

Funny, I just got [insert word for non-consenual sex]-ed at a used car dealer last night.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif