Millennial Job Interview

/ Millennial Job Interview
I'm so very happy to have retired two years ago. Someone recently asked me if I "miss working"? My reply was," I don't even think of it unless I look at a bank statement and see that the pension check was deposited".

I retired at the end of the 2007 spring semester. I do miss interacting with students. These days, most of my friends are senior citizens -- we can't carry on a conversation without feeling obligated to inquire about each other's health.:)

Steve

/ Millennial Job Interview #12  
I used to manage a manufacturing division for a company. Every time we'd sell our scrap metal and wire, I'd put the money away for "fat-boy Friday" when we'd cook some steaks.

On one particular Friday, we fired up the charcoal grills and cooked our steaks. Afterwards, one of the young guys cleaned up and put everything away. About 3 hours later, the office manager came running into my office in a panic, saying there was a really pissed off guy at the front desk that wanted to talk to the person in charge. So I walked up to meet with the guy, who it turns out is the garbage truck driver that picks up our dumpster. Apparently, he made it about 3 miles from our facility before he had to dump his entire load in the middle of a busy road to save his truck from burning up. It turns out, our guy had shoveled all the coals from our grill into the dumpster and he picked up our dumpster shortly afterwards.

I sat down with our employee (22 years old) afterwards and it never occurred to him that putting the coals in the dumpster was a bad idea. So I went and asked another 20 year old, same thing, had no idea that it was a bad idea. I think one of the office gals hit it on the head. She surmised that it's a generation that's probably never used anything other than gas grills (especially if they lived in the city). I definitely think todays kids get exposed to far less than previous generations.

/ Millennial Job Interview #13  
The only thinking many people do is done by their smart phone. Use it, or loose it!

/ Millennial Job Interview #14  
The only thinking many people do is done by their smart phone. Use it, or loose it!
Today's kids got apps on their phones that summon a service guy to put the chain back on their bikes or to put air in a tire...!

/ Millennial Job Interview #16  
Who could argue the English language isn't an abortion? Apparently one of the hardest to learn. I got chastised by my grade three (POS) teacher because I complained, how can you find a word in the dictionary, if you don't know how to spell it? I have had that very problem ever since. STUPID (typical) teacher!

I'm glad the language is getting what it deserves in the digital age.

/ Millennial Job Interview #17  
Who could argue the English language isn't an abortion? Apparently one of the hardest to learn. I got chastised by my grade three (POS) teacher because I complained, how can you find a word in the dictionary, if you don't know how to spell it? I have had that very problem ever since. STUPID (typical) teacher!

ATTA BOY... I can't spell worth a crap... And I got an ejucation...

/ Millennial Job Interview #20  

And the scary thing is nobody can give a good answer to that same question I have been asking since about that same time.