Is this pecan log worth anything?

/ Is this pecan log worth anything? #21  
I get very envious of people with trees. I get tired of seeing the same old willow and spruce. I have a couple of white birch and a few larch and one lone lodgepole pine. Not much wants to grow here. -46 this morning and I wonder why?

/ Is this pecan log worth anything? #22  
It seems that like us you can have one species with several different names depending upon locality, makes life very confusing although I use Hickory and Pecan for smoking, a friend gives me branches off his pecan which I cut into small blocks.
Wish I was closer.

/ Is this pecan log worth anything? #23  
I’ve never burnt good logs no matter how much firewood I have. Oak logs are good for 2 years or more stacked on concrete.

/ Is this pecan log worth anything? #24  
I致e never burnt good logs no matter how much firewood I have. Oak logs are good for 2 years or more stacked on concrete.
Ever since I became part owner of a sawmill I look at all trees from a totally different perspective...!

/ Is this pecan log worth anything? #25  
Can you deliver it and stack it for free? ;)

/ Is this pecan log worth anything? #26  
Ever since I became part owner of a sawmill I look at all trees from a totally different perspective...!

Ain't THAT the truth !!

Sawing a 30' beam on a 20' sawmill....ahahahaha

enhance

/ Is this pecan log worth anything? #27  
I wish I could have a log like that. I've got a neighbour with a mill and we'd make something out of it. Best of all, the very end cut has a smiley face!!! Ha ha. Didn't your avatar used to be you beside a huge pecan log? You must have all sorts of them around there.

/ Is this pecan log worth anything? #28  
I wish I could have a log like that. I've got a neighbour with a mill and we'd make something out of it. Best of all, the very end cut has a smiley face!!! Ha ha. Didn't your avatar used to be you beside a huge pecan log? You must have all sorts of them around there.

Hahahaha Good eye! I had to go all the way back to that first post to catch that "Smile".

/ Is this pecan log worth anything? #29  
I get very envious of people with trees. I get tired of seeing the same old willow and spruce. I have a couple of white birch and a few larch and one lone lodgepole pine. Not much wants to grow here. -46 this morning and I wonder why?

As a kid before I was ever in Alaska I thought it would have massive trees, bigger than we have in the PNW. But as you say, trees don’t like -46 degF.

/ Is this pecan log worth anything? #30  
The massive tree's in Alaska, they are on the southern and SE coast and on the islands...

Lots of them there...

SR