For you DeWalt 20v MAX users - have you started transitioning to Flexvolt?

/ For you DeWalt 20v MAX users - have you started transitioning to Flexvolt? #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
I've noticed FINALLY that DeWalt seems to be dropping prices on their 20V Max a bit.
Example - DeWALT 20V 1.3Ah Lithium Drill Driver/Impact Combo Kit + DeWALT 20V MAX Circular Saw $199 + Free Shipping via Amazon.

Just as I'm transitioning to Flexvolt.

I've only been using the 20v Max line since 2012, I've now about $2K invested in their 20v MAX tools, and maybe another $1K in their batteries.

But a few of their Flexvolt tools, like the chainsaw, are calling my name. And I just added the Dewalt 20V Max cordless portable power station to my tool chest. Now I can light my $10 4' LED worklights so I can see to use my tools :)

And I'm envisioning all my 20V Max batteries will eventually fail :( but my tools will still be good.

So the rest of you - are you sticking with 20v MAX or transitioning to Flexvolt?

/ For you DeWalt 20v MAX users - have you started transitioning to Flexvolt? #2  
No - if I'm in my shop - its all corded tools. Out on the property - my 3Kw generator is in the bed of my ATP & its still corded tools. Cordless are only used for short & quick jobs. However - all my cordless are now Li powered.

/ For you DeWalt 20v MAX users - have you started transitioning to Flexvolt? #3  
I have not but I like them....and like that you can get something like a chainsaw for occasional use and a leaf blower etc. They look good.

/ For you DeWalt 20v MAX users - have you started transitioning to Flexvolt? #4  
Seeing as i have 6 of the 20 volt 4 ah batterys, im not planning on swapping. I just ordered a replacement hammer drill . I think these units use plastic gears. This is the second replacement unit. Thet get hard use, so no complaints. I REALLY like the impact drivers. Some tool manufacturers have 2 lines of tools. One have plastic drive gears and one with metal or magnesium gears. My 25 year old skill 77 saw has magnesium worm gear. When the handle and trigger switch broke i almost was going to buy new saw until i found out that the new one had plastic homeowner rated worm gear. No way. I ordered new handle and switch. I wonder if dewalt offers a contractor grade line of tools. Ill have it do some
research.

/ For you DeWalt 20v MAX users - have you started transitioning to Flexvolt? #5  
What is the difference between 20 volt max and the regular 20 volt? Most of my tools are lithium which is much better than the old nicad batteries but it’s too expensive for me to jump on the brushless band wagon.

/ For you DeWalt 20v MAX users - have you started transitioning to Flexvolt? #6  
What is the difference between 20 volt max and the regular 20 volt? Most of my tools are lithium which is much better than the old nicad batteries but it’s too expensive for me to jump on the brushless band wagon.

i dont honestly klnow. i got my first sets by trading in 2 old 18 volt milwaukee sets with dead batteries. my supply house offered direct swaps for 20V max units .....cost was $100 for complete set (drill, saw,impact,light and 2 batteries) when traded for exact same set from competing brands. i have maybe 10 complete sets of cordless tools laying around (had employees and im an electrical contractor). too bad the limit was 2. i should have dumped my old 28 volt milwaukee set. its a great tool, but battery life sucked and are very expensive.

the 20v max batteries do impress me with power and length of use between charges. They even hold charge throughout winter when not being used. i get about 5 years on a battery.