Are our grandkids getting too sissified?

/ Are our grandkids getting too sissified? #21  
I never remember being bullied growing up. Our school was small, classes were small and it seems we mostly got along. We had petty squabbles but even then we stood up for each other. I enjoyed school.

/ Are our grandkids getting too sissified? #22  
I can still name some of the bullies.

/ Are our grandkids getting too sissified? #23  
The bullying stopped when I pulled out of my pocket a piece of brass tied up in a handkerchief. I didn't hit him with it, but he knew I would. The SOB outweighed me two to 1 and was 6 inches taller and was about 5 years older too. One of the older guys backed me up after I showed some courage (it wasn't easy, as I was scared of him). But it took me standing up for myself before anyone else would do anything.

/ Are our grandkids getting too sissified? #24  
What’s with these skinny jeans on these young boys?

/ Are our grandkids getting too sissified? #25  
What is with these skinny jeans on these young boys?

/ Are our grandkids getting too sissified? #26  
What is with these skinny jeans on these young boys?

I think it is absolutely hideous. Does go well with a man-purse though. I'm to old and fat to pull either of those off.

/ Are our grandkids getting too sissified? #27  
Sickly whimps, at that. In my day, we played outside all the time and even ate mud-pies on occasion. No one had allergies and such. We had immune systems that worked because of it.
Yep. Going inside was something you did when you went to sleep or eat dinner. Although not always, particularly in summer. TV was B&W and only allowed to be on for a few hours after dinner time. Mostly news.

I don稚 recall eating mud, however. Must be an acquired taste. :D

/ Are our grandkids getting too sissified? #28  
Yep. Going inside was something you did when you went to sleep or eat dinner. Although not always, particularly in summer. TV was B&W and only allowed to be on for a few hours after dinner time. Mostly news.

I don稚 recall eating mud, however. Must be an acquired taste. :D

My older sister and her friends would make mud-pies and conned me, on more than one occasion to sample. Didn't kill me.

/ Are our grandkids getting too sissified? #29  
My older sister and her friends would make mud-pies and conned me, on more than one occasion to sample. Didn't kill me.

My brothers and I didn't make or eat mud pies, and my sister is 17 years younger, so I missed that experience. We used to smoke grapevine, and our tongues peeled off, but that didn't stop us from making corn cob pipes from an old corn cob and the tip of Mom's cane fishing pole. We smoked Dad's cigarette butts until we threw up, but they smoked better than Cedar leaves and dry grass.

/ Are our grandkids getting too sissified? #30  
I did the grapevine smoking a couple times but got no enjoyment from that. A neighbor kid talked me into taking a chew of Bull of the Woods plug chewing tobacco once. Got sick and so dizzy I couldn't walk. Took several hours for the sickness to wear off- no more chewing for me as a kid. I also made the corncob pipe and snitched some of my dad's Prince Albert smoking tobacco and even used the stubs from the ash tray (talk about strong nicotine, wow). None of this damaged me permanently as far as I know. But climbing trees, building tree houses, exploring the forest etc made us strong and developed our minds much more than any video game does today.