Can you get scamed using paypal?

/ Can you get scamed using paypal? #11  
I agree with much said.
PayPal seems to side with buyers more than the seller.
Over some 7-800 transactions I got only 1 negative from a buyer.
I had stated all conditions with a careful description of the product and shipped to the US from Canada.
Buyer was all upset because a broker charged him some fees and negged me.

As I buyer I got a few refunds but then the seller needs to have a credit balance for them to do so. If he empties his PayPal acct routinely you can be the loser.
The safer fallback is to use PayPal via a CC as that gives U a backup system.
PayPal uses strict deadlines to limit their exposure which often shipping delays can cancel out your time frame.
You really have to stay on top of things.

/ Can you get scamed using paypal?
Thanks a few thousand...My gut told me somehow this is a scam. I will send him message to have mover bring cash. My attorney told me the same thing late today.

Offered him to have his mover just pay me cash and I will have signed bill of sale. Suggest we do this at my bank less then 10 minutes away with driver handing money to bank teller and bank signing as witness and notarize the bill of sale after he has inspected and loaded the planters.

He said he has used this person/company for years and they will not move till the deal is sealed.... Thanks for each recommendation. I am fully convinced he is a scam. His english was good. He used a very common names for his first and last name with a 336 area code number on line that texted to me.

/ Can you get scamed using paypal? #14  
Way to go KT, good call. Remember the old Amish saying, A bird in hand is worth more than one in the bush.:thumbsup:

Way to go KT, good call. Remember the old Amish saying, A bird in hand is worth more than one in the bush.:thumbsup:

I like Troy's saying on Swamp People also: "Shoot em Liz" :) (Please understand this is not to be taken serious.)

/ Can you get scamed using paypal? #16  
One scam is that by using their mover(shipper), they can say they never received the merchandise.
Once the items are picked up (by the shipper), they then have it rerouted or not even delivered.
File a complaint with PayPal and get the money tied up while YOU try to figure out where the "missing" shipment went.

Try calling that 336 number from a public or blocked phone. I doubt you'll get an answer.

Cash only for Craigslist. Always. Can meet at their or your bank to deposit the money immediately if one of you have a concern and/or buy your own money order for transport.

No way. No how. No reason to ever not take cash.

Though I do like a good trade/barter every now and then, I'm hesitant unless the deal is written up and signed.

I've been burnt on vehicles and boats and motors with titles before across state lines so now it's my choice to meet people at title/tag office to transfer ownership because of the headaches.

I buy quite a bit from Craigslist and travel a lot so get to see and hear all kinds of buying selling shipping scams from different locales using it.

/ Can you get scamed using paypal? #17  
I used to suggest to my daughter that she always meet Craigslist people at one of our local Police Substations. Just a little less likely for things to go bad. Banks aren't always open but that substation is.
David from jax

/ Can you get scamed using paypal? #18  
Our local police departments have meeting zones where you can meet to buy/steel/trade at the police station in a well-lit and videod area.

/ Can you get scamed using paypal? #19  
I did do a craigslist/Paypal sale a few years ago, before the scammers became prevalent. I'd listed a T-40 Toyota transmission, and the only serious* response I got was from a guy in Socal that really needed it, as they are fairly rare. After several emails, I got the shipping costs figured and he paid, I shipped and everything was fine. I hadn't wanted to ship, which is why I didn't list in on ebay, but it worked out okay.

* I did get one guy that called needing a box for a fwd Tercel, and wondered if he could "somehow make it work." Yeah, maybe if you have an aluminum foundry and complete machine shop.