I know we use some strange words but....

/ I know we use some strange words but.... #12  
That one isn't hard. "Git 'er done" is just redneck slang for "get it done". Go do it, take care of it.

Getting it done the right way optional. :laughing:

Speaking of strange words (maybe unfamiliar would be better), I've seen many here refer to a "township". Is it just another word for town, or is it something else. Outside of this board I don't think I've ever heard it before.

/ I know we use some strange words but.... #13  
Getting it done the right way optional. :laughing:

Speaking of strange words (maybe unfamiliar would be better), I've seen many here refer to a "township". Is it just another word for town, or is it something else. Outside of this board I don't think I've ever heard it before.

In NC, townships are used to delineate voting districts within counties. I believe townships are sub-county governmental units in some states.

Steve

/ I know we use some strange words but.... #14  
I was gonna post something intelligent here, but I dropped my whatchamacallit and it rolled under the thingamajig. So I've gotta find my dofunny to rake it out with.

When I 'get er done' and get it under control I'll drop back in and post something intelligent.

RSKY

/ I know we use some strange words but.... #15  
In NC, townships are used to delineate voting districts within counties. I believe townships are sub-county governmental units in some states.

Steve

I think you're right . . . and I'm glad we don't have'em in Texas. At least I don't think any part of Texas uses that term.:laughing:

/ I know we use some strange words but....
I get Rangas, but Big Blue?

Blue
1. A person with red hair
2. A fight (See Fred and his mssus had a blue last night)

Bluey
1. A person with red hair (See Bluey over there, he'll help you out)
2. A summons (The wallopers dropped a bluey on me yesterday.... the police served me with a summons)

It's a local thing designed to confuse outsiders;)

/ I know we use some strange words but.... #17  
I think you're right . . . and I'm glad we don't have'em in Texas. At least I don't think any part of Texas uses that term.:laughing:

In Missouri they are a subordinate to Counties. My County has 20 Townships. Brings local governmental control of things such as country roads to a level closer to the user. Nothing to fear. :)

/ I know we use some strange words but....
Here a township is a small community usually rural although there are no defining population figures that I am aware of, you just know!!
I am guessing that a town has a large enough population to support community services such as a police station, hospital, shopping centre etc, a city I think is defined by population.
You have Counties, we have Shires which are pretty much the same thing, one difference I have noticed is that you have County police who can book you for traffic offences, we have by laws officers who czan only book you for parking and not having your dog on a leash etc.
Township - Wikipedia

/ I know we use some strange words but.... #19  
You have Counties, we have Shires which are pretty much the same thing, one difference I have noticed is that you have County police who can book you for traffic offences, we have by laws officers who czan only book you for parking and not having your dog on a leash etc.
Township - Wikipedia

There are exceptions, but the county-level law enforcement officers here are under the command of a sheriff, an elected official. Those officers are called "deputies." The sheriff is also usually in charge of the jail and court bailiffs.

Steve

/ I know we use some strange words but.... #20  
:D That's funny. Take it from an Okie, born and bred, "Git er done" means to me...quit screwing around, lollygagging; get with it and take care of the task that's waiting on you.

I've always preferred " let's go, we're burning daylight", John Wayne used that line in "The Cowboys", it always stuck with me...