Duck Duck Go search engine!!!

/ Duck Duck Go search engine!!! #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
I've become more and more frustrated with Google, and trying to find links to things that I've read in the past that went against Google's political leaning. I've also come to believe that if a company doesn't do what Google wants from them, they hide their website from their searches. Add to that, if I go to Amazon and search for an item, I get adds on every search that I do about that item for the next month.

A friend told me about DuckDuckGo the other day and I'm impressed with what I'm able to find using it.

If you haven't heard of it before, like me, I thought that some of you might like to give it a try.

/ Duck Duck Go search engine!!! #2  
I have been using duckduckgo for years. Only problem now is using Windoze 10 and Firefox, I find the default search engine is Google and an extra step is required to change each time I search.

/ Duck Duck Go search engine!!! #5  
I have been using duckduckgo for years. Only problem now is using Windoze 10 and Firefox, I find the default search engine is Google and an extra step is required to change each time I search.

Firefox preferences lets you change the default search engine.

Bruce

/ Duck Duck Go search engine!!! #6  
That's funny.. I have been sick of how Google manipulates what I see as well. I'm going to give it a try thx.

/ Duck Duck Go search engine!!! #7  
I've become more and more frustrated with Google, and trying to find links to things that I've read in the past that went against Google's political leaning. I've also come to believe that if a company doesn't do what Google wants from them, they hide their website from their searches. Add to that, if I go to Amazon and search for an item, I get adds on every search that I do about that item for the next month.

A friend told me about DuckDuckGo the other day and I'm impressed with what I'm able to find using it.

If you haven't heard of it before, like me, I thought that some of you might like to give it a try.

I remember trying it years ago- I’ll give a try again thx

/ Duck Duck Go search engine!!! #8  
If you follow new outlets and their political slant this is definitely a good option. I had found Bing offered the most variety but this seems to be as good or better. OP is correct in that a search of the news only shows one view on the first page or two of results with several sites like google.

/ Duck Duck Go search engine!!! #9  

Firefox can be customized to have any search engine as the default. I also have been using DuckDuckGo for years in order to avoid the identity thefts at Google.

/ Duck Duck Go search engine!!! #10  
Firefox preferences lets you change the default search engine.

Bruce

I thought so, but haven't figured out how to do it yet. This is version 59.0.1 on a new computer. Did it on my old computer.

Never mind. I just figured it out.

Last edited: