Weather and logic, people are strange

/ Weather and logic, people are strange #1  

bunyip

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK 5810 HST
I used to travel quite a bit and found sometimes that peoples perception of weather and temperature somewhat strange, in Australia we have Queensland which is arguably one of the warmer climates and Tasmania which is probably the coldest.
You visit peoples homes and in Queensland the people say they couldn't stand living in a cold climate but have the air conditioning on set to about 20ーC in the summer, in Tasmania the house is heated and is unbearably hot yet the residents say they can't stand a hot climate, I have experienced the same thing in the UK and the South of France.
My visits to the USA were only of a short duration and limited to certain areas so I never got to test the water and see if the same thing happens there but I'll put money on it that it does.
How do you see the opposites in the USA, are my observations valid there too?

/ Weather and logic, people are strange #2  
In Michigan we have 2 seasons, orange barrels, and winter. Not too fond of either one.

/ Weather and logic, people are strange #3  
Yeah, pretty much what Billy said. We long for the summer months in Michigan then complain, (at least I do) when it's 88F and 90% humidity. Then we crank the A/C everywhere we go.

/ Weather and logic, people are strange #4  
Well, I blame that little eccentricity on my wife, Sharn Jean. She burns me up in the Winter and freezes my *** of in the Summer. I think one of us must have a thyroid problem. I'll take the Summer any day; I hate Winter.

/ Weather and logic, people are strange #5  
The logic of it is that one wants it cool when working (outside), but warm when sitting around.

/ Weather and logic, people are strange #6  
An oft heard phrase in summer is "It's not the heat, it's the humidity."
Personally I prefer cold over heat, but would be pretty hungry if we didn't have summer for the vegetable gardens. The snow would also be too deep to do anything, if it never melted. Kind of like that time about 10,000 years ago...

/ Weather and logic, people are strange #7  
An oft heard phrase in summer is "It's not the heat, it's the humidity."
Personally I prefer cold over heat, but would be pretty hungry if we didn't have summer for the vegetable gardens. The snow would also be too deep to do anything, if it never melted. Kind of like that time about 10,000 years ago...

I truly love the sun and dry heat, but hate bugs [mostly skeeters, yellow jackets, and gnats] and humidity- I would be living in the desert southwest, but for SWMBO's family, who she won't leave, and who- despite all the ways it would improve their lives [my M-I-L not falling because of ice and slippery winter terrain, and my B-I-L's severe [worse in winter] asthma as e.g.'s]

I don't mind cold, [as long as it's not <10 degrees F], but I hate snow, ice, and drizzle, and even more than that- I hate idiots who forget how to drive in it after a 5-day warm spell, or can never figure it out in the first place.

/ Weather and logic, people are strange #8  
"Weather and logic, people are strange"

201504_1713_hdiba_sm.jpg

Bruce

/ Weather and logic, people are strange #9  
I think it's human nature and doesn't matter which end of the ball you live on.

The older I get, the worse I am about it.