New battery technology?

/ New battery technology? #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Could We Finally Be Close to A Major Breakthrough In Solid State Battery?

Axios reports that some of the world's biggest industrial companies including Samsung, Japan's Hitachi and an alliance of auto giants consisting of Renault, Nissan and Mitsubishi have collectively invested $65 million in Massachusetts-based Ionic Materials. The little-known startup claims to have developed a new composition of matter a liquid crystal polymer that can make solid-state batteries a viable alternative to lithium-ion and other high-energy storage technologies that are currently used. If Ionic's claims including that of their battery being safer, offering better performance and having higher energy density than traditional lithium ion batteries (LBOs) available today are independently validated, they could solve most of the main problems that persist with solid state research.

Bruce

/ New battery technology? #2  
I heard rumbling of something like that a couple weeks ago. It was some thread I was following in a tech news article. It could have major repercussions in so very many fields.

/ New battery technology? #3  
Bring it on! It’s that or my iPhone needs a nuclear reactor....this battery life stinks

/ New battery technology? #4  
There are endless research projects that just needs millions in research . Wages are paid, bills are paid and research company makes big bucks until the grant money runs out . Now the research company is almost there and only need another 25 million . 25 million gets spent......repeat the process.
Unless the Almighty adds some new elements to the periodic table. There are NO new battery anode, cathode or electrolyte materials . Battery tech has plateaued. Spent lots more and get a very small improvement .

/ New battery technology? #5  
Ultra capacity capacitor looks like the future.

/ New battery technology? #6  
What's wrong with zero point energy? Why do you want to mess with batteries?

It was Trumps uncle (if I recall correctly) a protege of yet another Bush (head of science) that supervised the emptying of Tesla's Safe at the time of his death.

/ New battery technology? #7  
There are endless research projects that just needs millions in research . Wages are paid, bills are paid and research company makes big bucks until the grant money runs out . Now the research company is almost there and only need another 25 million . 25 million gets spent......repeat the process.
Unless the Almighty adds some new elements to the periodic table. There are NO new battery anode, cathode or electrolyte materials . Battery tech has plateaued. Spent lots more and get a very small improvement .

Don't you realize the periodic table is just an invention of man?

We added 4 elements in 2016.

Have you read about Lithium air batteries?

Same old elements, just put together different.

/ New battery technology? #10  
This is the beauty of experimentation, progress and exploring!