TREE AND TREE ROOTS EXPERTS

/ TREE AND TREE ROOTS EXPERTS #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
about 3 years ago i had a complete new septic system installed, there was a large tree next to the hose and close to the septic system. well i guees so many of its roots were damaged and the tree died so i had it taken down last fall. just had the stump 3 ft dia. ground out yesterday. guy went down about a foot in a 8ft diameter. question ! should i do anything to the roots that i can see before i fill in the hole to make sure the roots die? or will they die of their own accord..? thanks for any advise

/ TREE AND TREE ROOTS EXPERTS #2  
You won't need to do anything with the roots. They need the top to keep 'living'. The worse that could happen is you might see some sprouting, which will mow off easily enough. What kind (species) of tree was it?

/ TREE AND TREE ROOTS EXPERTS #3  
Hey what you did is just perfect. No need to worry.

Smart move. Grinding instead of pulling.
-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TREE AND TREE ROOTS EXPERTS
I beleive it was some species of ASH

/ TREE AND TREE ROOTS EXPERTS #5  
For sure, no sprouting from ash. If a willow, or cottonwood, or aspen, or birch -maybe an outside chance. But you should be without worry at this point. If anything rears up, it will not be like the beanstalk from Jack's beans. It will be just a tiny sprout that will be easy to knock off. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ TREE AND TREE ROOTS EXPERTS
i am more concerned with the roots that are still underground continuing to grow and spread.