What was TSC thinking

/ What was TSC thinking #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I live in the desert. There is no farming, no lakes, no grass. TSC moved into a town south of me about 2 years ago. When they first opened up they had lawn tractors, boats, farm implements, snow throwers (?). After 2 years, about 80% of their original stuff remains setting outside in the scorching sun.

Here's the condition of a couple of Cub Cadet lawn tractors.

Seat-2.jpgSeat-1.jpg

/ What was TSC thinking #2  
It's their inflexible corporate mentality. Those mowers are almost junk now.

/ What was TSC thinking #3  
It's their inflexible corporate mentality. Those mowers are almost junk now.

Probably only give you a 10% discount, barely pays for sales tax. TSC has really gone south in recent years. Awhile back the 3 point attachments were from a local brand. Like here in AL we had King -Kutter now its all the mass produced county line junk(probably Chinese). I recently found an old king kutter(sticker was county line) 6' scraper blade at my local TSC. Same price as new county line junk but you could tell the difference in quality. Yes I bought it that day. Guy kind of looked at me funny when I told him I want this one and not the one he started to load. I then showed him the differences and told him its from when the county line stuff was made by King Kutter. He couldn't argue and load the right one LOL

/ What was TSC thinking #4  
Probably only give you a 10% discount, barely pays for sales tax. TSC has really gone south in recent years. Awhile back the 3 point attachments were from a local brand. Like here in AL we had King -Kutter now its all the mass produced county line junk(probably Chinese). I recently found an old king kutter(sticker was county line) 6' scraper blade at my local TSC. Same price as new county line junk but you could tell the difference in quality. Yes I bought it that day. Guy kind of looked at me funny when I told him I want this one and not the one he started to load. I then showed him the differences and told him its from when the county line stuff was made by King Kutter. He couldn't argue and load the right one LOL

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Countyline equipment is made by Tarter 3-Point — Tarter Farm and Ranch Equipment | American Made Quality Since 1945

I also believe it is American made. I have a Countyline 3 point tiller and love it.

Kevin

/ What was TSC thinking #5  
TSC has really gone south in recent years. Awhile back the 3 point attachments were from a local brand. Like here in AL we had King-Kutter. Now its all mass produced county line junk (probably Chinese).

TSC's CountyLine equipment brand is currently made by Tarter in Kentucky — Tarter Farm and Ranch Equipment | American Made Quality Since 1945.

CH47DPILOT: You managed to impugn the reputation of TSC, TSC's CountyLine Brand and Tarter USA produced equipment without any idea of who actually produces CountyLine implements for TSC in 2018. The TSC/Tarter relationship is about four years old. Prior to Tarter producing CountyLine for TSC, King Kutter produced CountyLine equipment for TSC.

While I am not a great fan of Tarter equipment, personally, my local TSC sold plenty of it this Spring, in the CountyLine brand. I purchased a CountyLine/Tarter Three Point Hitch Boom Pole two years ago which has been fine.

Attachments

• IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_0594.jpg
    IMG_0594.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
   / What was TSC thinking #6  
Tractor.supply is like a Dollar General for wannabe farmers.

Last edited:
   / What was TSC thinking #7  
Kinda like having flat roof in heavy snowfall area.:confused2:

/ What was TSC thinking #8  
Snowblowers in the desert, hope that guy lost his job, they probably switched manufacturers due to profit margins. I was told by a manager that TSC doesn’t pay for a item until it’s sold.

/ What was TSC thinking #9  
From what I understand, each TSC store is individually owned. The owner is supposed to sell certain items, and keep products in stock, but he/she has some flexibility in what sells best in their area. There are no snow blowers in any TSC that I've been to in Texas. Why that store has them is probably a reflection of the store owner and not so much the company.

Having just defended TSC, I will also add that I find it very frustrating to shop at the closest one to me. They are always out of stock and their prices are usually higher then Atwoods, which is the same kind of store, but just a few blocks away. There are two other TSC stores a little farther away that are night and day different. All the shelves are full, and they have some fantastic sales that make it worthwhile driving a little farther. It's just that one store that is so bad.

/ What was TSC thinking #10  
Since the desert is optimum for long term storage of obsolete aircraft TSC was probably trying to take advantage of that fact.