Amp energy drink too strong?

/ Amp energy drink too strong? #1  

JayC

Veteran Member
About 5 or 6 months ago a friend gave me a can of that Amp energy drink from Mountain Dew. It was late and I wanted to go to sleep that night so I put in the fridge. It was just an 8 oz. can. I thought it looked puny. Anyway, some days later I wanted to get rid of it so I decided to drink it. I was about half way through the can when I noticed my upper back started to hurt quite a bit. I didn't do any hard work recently at the time. I was just sitting in the computer chair. I finished it, but slowly. It took me longer to drink that than most 12 or 20 ouncers. I don't normally drink things like Amp. I think they are just way too loaded. That night my back hurt a lot. When I went to bed I didn't want to move it was so bad. The next day wasn't too much better. It took quite a few days before the pain went away. I am wondering, could Amp have caused some sort of reaction? If so, what and how? Actually, my friend gave me two cans of that stuff, but after that I never did drink the other can. I gave it away. I don't think I will ever drink something like that again. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Amp energy drink too strong? #2  
Did you feel as if your pulse or blood pressure were changing? What's the caffeine content of those things....perhaps you are sensitive to caffeine?

Chuck

/ Amp energy drink too strong?
Nope. I didn't feel a thing except that real bad backache. I was fine before I drank that dumb thing. I have drank Mountain Dew many times before without any ill-effects. I even drank Surge when it was around those years ago. No ill-effects there either. I'm wondering if they just overdid it with this Amp stuff.

/ Amp energy drink too strong? #4  
<font color="blue"> Description: AMP Energy Drink is Pepsi's first real entry into the energy drink market -- and it is betting on the established Mountain Dew brand name to bring it a good market share. AMP is based on the original flavor of Mountain Dew, so it's a taste that most people will be familiar with. It has been enhanced with a variety of ingredients typically found in energy drinks (taurine, ginseng, guarana, etc.), so the flavor has a bit more bite than regular Dew. Overall, it tastes good -- if you like Mountain Dew. Compared to Red Bull and the Red Bull knockoffs of the world, its a flavorful product. Not too original, but at least we can stand the taste. </font>

Found on the net

/ Amp energy drink too strong? #5  
Ive never tried the energy drink, but i have alot of back and neck problems, and ive gained alot of weigth due to not getting around so good. a doctor gave me a diet pill to help me loose some wieght , and i hurt so bad in my upper back and neck that i was unable to do anything. He said it caused me to tense up and were i already had problems it inflamed them. Now i notice it if i get stressed out of have to much caffiene.

/ Amp energy drink too strong? #6  
JayC,
I found a drink that may suit your needs a little better.

ensure_mainbottle.jpg

That Amp is for the young whippersnappers. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Amp energy drink too strong? #7  
Curious as to why an energy drink is required?

Egon

/ Amp energy drink too strong? #8  
"Curious as to why an energy drink is required...."

Maybe JayC was expecting to get a big CHARGE out of Amp....

Speaking as an old fellow (just hit 53) I get all the energy I need from two morning cups of instant coffee and regular doses of iced Coke as the day continues. Nothing fancy, but it serves the purpose.

/ Amp energy drink too strong?
I don't drink anything in the morning except the milk in my cereal bowl. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

If I ever drink a pop (or soda to you weirdos /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ), it is usually caffeine free. That's not to say I don't drink caffeine, just not to get a "charge." Most of the time I usually drink water when not a pop, so I drink much more water seeing as I don't even drink too many pops. I have been drinking more Gatorade and Powerade type of drinks just as a change of flavor from the same ol water.

To tell the truth, when I had those Amp drinks sitting in the fridge, I was a little apprehensive about drinking one. Now I know why. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif