Tractor Sale Gone Sour, THE END

/ Tractor Sale Gone Sour, THE END #1  

Tractors4u

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4310, Kubota L355, John Deere SST18 Spin Steer, 2006 Polaris Ranger
For those of you that have been following this saga now for over a year, it ended today. For those of you that don't know about it, here is some background information.

How it started

When it went to court

Today was the sentencing hearing. He was the third one this morning to approach the bench for their sentencing. The prosecutor brought up his prior convictions and the defense rebutted them. Then the judge asked about restitution. Here is how it went:

Prosecutor: Your honor we are asking for $1400 which I believe is supported by evidence from the trial in July.

Judge: Mr. Houston are you prepared to pay the $1400 today?

Houston: I have been unemployed for 2 months, can I make payments?

Judge: When people don't have a job and they are on the street doing nothing, I send them to prison!

Houston: I have a job but I don't have the $1400.

Judge: You just said you haven't worked in 2 months, do you or do you not have a job?

Houston: What I meant was I just started back to work after being unemployed for 2 months.

Judge: Are you prepared to pay today?

Houston: Your honor I had no idea this would go this far and I don't have the money.

Judge: This has went on for over a year. It did go this far and you were found guilty. I am about to send you to prison for 2 to 20 years for this Class B felony!

Defense Attorney: Your honor could I have a moment with my client?

After they came back Mr. Houston mysteriously came up with the $1400.

The judge sentenced him to 5 years imprisonment and commuted the sentence to 2 years supervised probation. The supervised part will be dropped once he has paid the court cost which I was told should be around $400.

I imagine he came here with the money but just wanted to drag it out. His facial expression never changed, even when the judge said I am about to send you to prison.

He paid the county clerk the $1400 in cash and they will mail me a check.

Justice has been served. The good guys do win sometimes.

/ Tractor Sale Gone Sour, THE END #2  
Congratulations Brent! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

It's nice to see justice prevail once in awhile, isn't it? It's just too bad that the good guys have to go through so much to reach that point. I suppose the bad guys have it figured out that most of the good guys won't wait so long and give up.

Glad you got what you had coming. Too bad Mr. Houston didn't get what he had coming - time behind bars!

/ Tractor Sale Gone Sour, THE END #3  
It is a shame that the judge didn't sentence him to the 5 years prison term for lying about the money. Usually that gets the judge quite angry when one minute they don't have it and the next, he pulls it out of his pocket. The wheels of justice need an alignment sometimes. This is one of those times.

/ Tractor Sale Gone Sour, THE END #4  
It is great to see that justice has been served! This shows us that the justice system isn't perfect, but it isn't totally out of whack either! Glad to hear you will be receiving your money.

Lawrence

/ Tractor Sale Gone Sour, THE END #5  
Brent,
Glad to hear that it is over. You can take a deep breath and relax now.

/ Tractor Sale Gone Sour, THE END #6  
Congratulations, Brent. Bet you are relieved this nightmare is over.

/ Tractor Sale Gone Sour, THE END
Whew is right. I just feel different now. One of my buddies said today that I need somebody else to rip me off so we would have something to talk about. I told him to get a tractor and we will talk about it.

/ Tractor Sale Gone Sour, THE END #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
He paid the county clerk the $1400 in cash and they will mail me a check.
)</font> It ain't over until you get the check and CASH it. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gifGood luck.

/ Tractor Sale Gone Sour, THE END #10  
glad it ended well for you, but sure a lot of stress and agravation.