Where do you get your nuts?

/ Where do you get your nuts? #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
My nut and bolt cabinet is getting quite thin on selection and it is about time that I refill it. The last time that I did this was a few years ago and the local company has now gone out of business. Is there a place that you can recommend that sells grade 5 & 8 hardware inexpensively. With the increase of steel products, I know that it is going to be expensive, but I would like to temper the "sticker shock" as best I can. If possible, I would prefer to purchase a USA made product. Thanks...

/ Where do you get your nuts? #2  
My local Fleet/Farm has all their bolts in bulk containers - including grades 5 & 8. You just buy what you want by the pound. I have also looked on ebay, but the shipping will kill the deal usually.

Good Luck,

Yooper Dave

/ Where do you get your nuts? #3  
Junkman
<font color="blue"> but I would like to temper the "sticker shock" as best I can. </font>
I don't know where TSC gets their bolts from, but the by the pound prices are about as good as it gets. They have a sale on them every few months. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Where do you get your nuts? #4  
Junkman; I'll bet this gets nixxed, but I was born with them!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Where do you get your nuts? #5  
I agree with the Farm & Fleet recomendation....do they exist in the east?

I was there once, and somebody was doing a stock-up purchase, just like you are saying. I asked if it was really the best buy, and he said he checked all the big box stores, hardware stores, McMaster Carr, Grainger, etc, and F & F was significantly less expensive.

Dave

/ Where do you get your nuts? #6  
<font color="blue"> but I was born with them!!!!! </font>

Sometimes I think my wife was too! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If I need extras I go to Tractor Supply...seems they sell for half price or less, compared to places like Home Depot...

/ Where do you get your nuts? #7  
Bill; That's only if I need to get to brave.

My wife? Her too!!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Where do you get your nuts?
No Fleet & Farm..... just got a new Tractor Supply, but haven't been there yet....

/ Where do you get your nuts? #9  
Junkman
You had better clean out some of that Garage to put all the stuff you will find when you do go to TSC. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Where do you get your nuts? #10  
I can't say enough nice things about Fastenal Co. They have a huge selection and if the local store doesn't have it, they will get it in next day at no additional charge. I know they also have a service where they will come out to your place and stock your bins for you. I haven't done that yet, but I've been thinking about it. Look on www.fastenal.com and you can get your nearest location. It shows 14 stores in CT, so there should be one close.