Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX-22

Default Where do you get your nuts?

My nut and bolt cabinet is getting quite thin on selection and it is about time that I refill it. The last time that I did this was a few years ago and the local company has now gone out of business. Is there a place that you can recommend that sells grade 5 & 8 hardware inexpensively. With the increase of steel products, I know that it is going to be expensive, but I would like to temper the "sticker shock" as best I can. If possible, I would prefer to purchase a USA made product. Thanks...

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota F2400, Kubota F2100, Farmtrac 360, Tool Cat

Default Re: Where do you get your nuts?

My local Fleet/Farm has all their bolts in bulk containers - including grades 5 & 8. You just buy what you want by the pound. I have also looked on ebay, but the shipping will kill the deal usually.

Good Luck,

Yooper Dave

Tractor
    Kubota 2910 HST

Junkman
    <font color="blue"> but I would like to temper the "sticker shock" as best I can. </font>
    I don't know where TSC gets their bolts from, but the by the pound prices are about as good as it gets. They have a sale on them every few months. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    NH TC 35 had, now a TC35DA LS25 lawnmower

Junkman; I'll bet this gets nixxed, but I was born with them!!!!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 855 MFWD; Oliver 1850 Gas

I agree with the Farm &amp; Fleet recomendation....do they exist in the east?

I was there once, and somebody was doing a stock-up purchase, just like you are saying. I asked if it was really the best buy, and he said he checked all the big box stores, hardware stores, McMaster Carr, Grainger, etc, and F &amp; F was significantly less expensive.

Dave

Tractor
    Kubota B2910, BX2200, Yardman 20HP pos...

<font color="blue"> but I was born with them!!!!! </font>

Sometimes I think my wife was too! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If I need extras I go to Tractor Supply...seems they sell for half price or less, compared to places like Home Depot...

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    NH TC 35 had, now a TC35DA LS25 lawnmower

Bill; That's only if I need to get to brave.

My wife? Her too!!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX-22

No Fleet &amp; Farm..... just got a new Tractor Supply, but haven't been there yet....

Tractor
    Kubota 2910 HST

Junkman
    You had better clean out some of that Garage to put all the stuff you will find when you do go to TSC. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1225 hydro w/ westendorf loader.

I can't say enough nice things about Fastenal Co. They have a huge selection and if the local store doesn't have it, they will get it in next day at no additional charge. I know they also have a service where they will come out to your place and stock your bins for you. I haven't done that yet, but I've been thinking about it. Look on www.fastenal.com and you can get your nearest location. It shows 14 stores in CT, so there should be one close.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast