GREEN, GREEN GRASS

/ GREEN, GREEN GRASS #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
WELL HERE IT IS , Sept. 14th and the grass is as green as it was in MAY. usually by this time the gras is brown and only the weeds are growing. been very wet all summer. have been trying to get my swale ditch cleaned out , but never dries enough for me to get to it. how are the rest of you guys doing with the rain?

/ GREEN, GREEN GRASS #2  
Down here in Texas we've had a record cool, rainy summer. I mowed, edged, and trimmed this morning and it's raining like the dickens right now. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ GREEN, GREEN GRASS #3  
Last year at this time I was cutting only half the yard. I wish I could say the same for this year... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ GREEN, GREEN GRASS #4  
Frank , The summer has been more like a perpetual spring this year . I mow twice a week and it still gets ahead of me at times ! Just hoping it doesn't indicate the kind of winter We'll have. John

/ GREEN, GREEN GRASS #5  
Someone just told me this evening that the Farmers Almanac is predicting a colder winter with more snow than last winter for the Northeast. Sure am glad that they don't have much more than an even chance of guessing correctly. I have never believed the Farmers Almanac or palm readers. I sure do hope that they are wrong again as they have been in some past years. For those that believe in the Farmers Almanac, that is fine with me also. I believe in the Easter Bunny, Wiarton Willie, and Punxsutawney Phil. I even know that Big Bird will agree with me. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ GREEN, GREEN GRASS #6  
Frank
Similar conditions here in Southeast Michigan.
Lawn needs cutting 2 times a week.

/ GREEN, GREEN GRASS #7  
On a news broadcast I watched last night people in Las Vegas are removing lawns as they been in drought conditions for six years and are looking at serious water use restrictions.

Egon

/ GREEN, GREEN GRASS #8  
Yeah - imagine that - in the desert it doesn't rain much - who'd of thunk it? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ GREEN, GREEN GRASS #9  
Junkman, I don't know how The Old Farmer's Almanac comes up with their predictions, but I always found some interesting reading in them. I also don't know whether planting by the signs of the moon and such things really affect the quality of your garden, but I figured since I had to plant the garden anyway, might as well plant according to their schedule, so I did. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ GREEN, GREEN GRASS #10  
You didn't mention how the garden turned out. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif