Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

Default GREEN, GREEN GRASS

WELL HERE IT IS , Sept. 14th and the grass is as green as it was in MAY. usually by this time the gras is brown and only the weeds are growing. been very wet all summer. have been trying to get my swale ditch cleaned out , but never dries enough for me to get to it. how are the rest of you guys doing with the rain?

Default Re: GREEN, GREEN GRASS

Down here in Texas we've had a record cool, rainy summer. I mowed, edged, and trimmed this morning and it's raining like the dickens right now. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Veteran Member

Last year at this time I was cutting only half the yard. I wish I could say the same for this year... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    L3130 hst

Frank , The summer has been more like a perpetual spring this year . I mow twice a week and it still gets ahead of me at times ! Just hoping it doesn't indicate the kind of winter We'll have. John

Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX-22

Someone just told me this evening that the Farmers Almanac is predicting a colder winter with more snow than last winter for the Northeast. Sure am glad that they don't have much more than an even chance of guessing correctly. I have never believed the Farmers Almanac or palm readers. I sure do hope that they are wrong again as they have been in some past years. For those that believe in the Farmers Almanac, that is fine with me also. I believe in the Easter Bunny, Wiarton Willie, and Punxsutawney Phil. I even know that Big Bird will agree with me. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota 2910 HST

Frank
    Similar conditions here in Southeast Michigan.
    Lawn needs cutting 2 times a week.

On a news broadcast I watched last night people in Las Vegas are removing lawns as they been in drought conditions for six years and are looking at serious water use restrictions.

Egon

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC40D Supersteer

Yeah - imagine that - in the desert it doesn't rain much - who'd of thunk it? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Junkman, I don't know how The Old Farmer's Almanac comes up with their predictions, but I always found some interesting reading in them. I also don't know whether planting by the signs of the moon and such things really affect the quality of your garden, but I figured since I had to plant the garden anyway, might as well plant according to their schedule, so I did. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Veteran Member

You didn't mention how the garden turned out. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast