LASIK

/ LASIK #11  
Gary,

If I had to choose between LASIK and my tractor, I would dump Larry in a heartbeat! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ LASIK #12  
Bill,

That is quite a strong endorsement for Lasik. If you're happy, I'm elated!

/ LASIK #13  
I'm 48 had it done three years ago costs $2400.00 best money I ever spent. I have two friends that had it done and are equally pleased. There are places in Canada that do it for around $1000.00. I know a person at work that had it done there and is equally pleased.

/ LASIK #14  
My brother-in-law had it done.. he's been very happy discarding the glasses & contacts.

I've also read an article some time back where athletes have had it done to make their vision better then 20/20.

/ LASIK #15  
Does the Lasik help if you need bifocals ? I thought that was sort of a seperate issue. And Lasik would get rid of your full time glasses but you might still have to wear reading glasses. Not sure about this though. Of course if I got rid of my glasses I would soon be blind as I am so used to counting on them for safety glasses and would forget to put on safety glasses.

Ben

/ LASIK #16  
I had it done on one eye five years ago. And I am very happy with it and may go back and have the other eye done. As far as bi-focals I am not sure but did hear that some bi-focal work can be done.

murph

/ LASIK #17  
I had it done in 1997 after 40 years of coke bottle thick glasses, bad astigmatism, etc.

My vision is still 20/15 (or whatever it is when I see at 20 feet what others can only see at 15 feet).

The 'halo effect' went away after about 6 months. I have no night vision problems at all.

I would not hesitate to have it done again, or to pay for my kids to get it (their vision is more or less ok & my wife's is perfect).

The only drawback is that I get 'dry eyes' when I'm tired, probably because my eyes still aren't used to seeing all they time (I used to take my glasses off and not see anything but a blurr further than about 2 feet away).

As I age, my near vision is deteriorating so I may need reading glassess in 5 or 10 years and I need a maginfier to see really small print. But that's life - I wouldn't hesitate to do it again (though now it costs 1/4 what I paid).

Waking up the next day after the proceedure was almost a religious experience: "I can see!" /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ LASIK
<font color="blue"> Does the Lasik help if you need bifocals ? </font>
Nope, doesn't help.

/ LASIK #19  
Wouldn't that be more of a "yes and no" answer? Couldn't you have surgery to correct for one problem (say farsightedness, then only need reading glasses?

/ LASIK
slowrev's question was "Does the Lasik help if you need bifocals ?". Bifoclas are lenses within lenses. LASIK can not do that. However, doctors can do monovision where one eye (usually the dominant one) is corrected for good distance vision while the other one is corrected to allow better close up vision, i.e., one eye with 'regular vision and one eye for reading. Or as you mentioned, correct both eyes the same and use reading glasses.