Location of Fuel Filter for 2000 Continental 4.6L

/ Location of Fuel Filter for 2000 Continental 4.6L #1  

DocHeb

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40D Supersteer
It seemed so simple in theory - change the fuel filter in SWMBO's car. No sweat - lots of repair experience - did valve jobs, water pumps, timing belt changes, routine maintenance, etc. on my 69 Mustang years ago. I go to the NAPA parts store, buy the filter, get home, open the hood, and ............. WHERE'S THE FILTER? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Does anybody know where the fuel filter is on a 2000 Continental 4.6L? Googling reveals a lot of people willing to sell me a fuel filter, but I can't find anything on the location of the dang thing!

/ Location of Fuel Filter for 2000 Continental 4.6L #2  
Can't help you out where it is, but I can tell you what I would do. I would head down to Advance or AutoZone and pick-up one of the Haynes or Chilton manuals for that particular model. They usually have one for most things listed. It will then tell you where and how to do most everything. That will at least get you started, hopefully you won't end up like the one on my Honda. Went to change the fuel filter a couple of weeks ago. I can see it, but I can't figure out how to get it off /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. Oh well, at 175k I figure at this point why bother to change it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif but at least I finally did change the PCV valve.

/ Location of Fuel Filter for 2000 Continental 4.6L #3  
according to autozone:

UNDER VEHICLE, PASSENGER SIDE, BELOW SEATING AREA, PASSENGER SIDE OF FUEL TANK, MOUNTED ON FRAME IN FUEL LINE

Hope this helps!

/ Location of Fuel Filter for 2000 Continental 4.6L
Thanks Jim (jwstewar) and bgoodman. I didn't even think to look outside the engine compartment. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I guess that's what happens to a 1960's automotive type guy trying to work in a 2000's world.