What is a good home based business for the wife ?

/ What is a good home based business for the wife ? #1  

eee

Gold Member
Just wondering if anyone had any good ideas of something she could do and enjoy working from the home??
She has good typing/people skills,smart lady,very good personality.

/ What is a good home based business for the wife ? #3  
Check your local paper for typing jobs, or place an ad offering to type documents and reports.

/ What is a good home based business for the wife ? #4  
Is she handy at making crafty kinds of things? My wife tells me that making beaded jewelry and selling it on e-bay is quite popular right now, and can be very lucrative.

/ What is a good home based business for the wife ? #5  
Rough_cut,

Besides Dave's great suggestion, here is a link to a book by Sarah Edwards on making money from home -- with a computer. That seems logical to me, given your wife's typing skills.

Amazon - Making Money at Home

Click on a search for Sarah Edwards and you'll come up with many more books by her and her husband Paul. They were the "founders" of the popularity of the home-based business movement. I was quoted in one of their first books, since we started out doing home-based business about the same time - around 1980 -whew. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

There are a jillion books and e-books on home based business, so don't cough up much money until you take advantage of the free stuff first.

Also, there is a terrific site operated by Dr. Ralph Wilson, called Web Marketing Today. . It is the most comprehensive site for info and articles on anything to do with marketing online.

Also, don't forget the opportunities to make real money on EBay, selling both individual items or with an EBay store.

The one thing I have discovered is that the bets profit, least work and most fun, is selling some kind of information by the web. You can find e-books that tell how to find a niche topic, collect info for the book, write it, create a selling web site and bank all the money. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

"Intellectual property" or "information" is the best way to make money online, IMO.

We operate a web site for marketers, though the topics are not especially suitable for beginners. It is called Advanced Marketing Institute

Hope this helps.

/ What is a good home based business for the wife ? #6  
As too what she could do, I'd suggest that she look into medical or legal transcription. She'd be dealing with professionals, the pay is good and the start up costs are within reach.

As to what she'd like, I'd suggest you talk with her. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ What is a good home based business for the wife ? #7  
Start a forum (like TBN) on a subject she enjoys. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ What is a good home based business for the wife ? #8  
What is her background in? Does she have an education or experience in a certain area?

My wife has done Avon, Mary Kay, Pampered Chef and those types of things in the past and the problem with it is you need to stay with it all the time, have a large client list or way to expand your business. Many companies such as Real Estate, Auto Insurance companies allow people to work at home.

Just some ideas for you.

/ What is a good home based business for the wife ? #9  
My sister enjoys sewing , she does it and gets more than she can do. She also makes home made candles, and some kind of stuffed animals that she dips in candle wax. She's not getting rich but makes extra money with it. Most of the stuffed animals she makes at home They look really nice. She also Bakes wedding cakes.

/ What is a good home based business for the wife ?
Hakim,Gator,Golf,Gary,Byron,Bontai,Buck
and everyone thanks !!!!!
Keep the info coming... when I get home this evening I will show her all of the suggestions.
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hakim,
Advanced Marketing Institute web page is very neat...your web pages all look good, are those your children on the web page ?
My son is a computer science major and I am going to have to show him your links. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif