Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Veteran Member

Default are there many people from the UK here?

just wondering if many people from the UK post here
    sure havent seen many
    mith

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

Default Re: are there many people from the UK here?

I recall one or two. There was one guy from Scotland who was a frequent poster in the kubota forums.

Parker County, Texas and Santa Fe County, New Mexico
    Tractor
    Kubota B7400HSD, G1800

My wife is a British subject, but currently with me here in Texas, U.S. of A. She doesn't post here but likes to read over my shoulder.

Veteran Member

yea i think i recall seeing someone from scotland - but this is pretty much the opposite end of england from me

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota Grand L4740, B2400 and F2680

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> but this is pretty much the opposite end of england from me </font> )</font>

And that is how we Scots like to keep it. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I think I'm the Scots guy mentioned but I've lived in the States for 20 years and am an American citizen. Also lived in London for 7 years so I'm pretty much a hybrid. Otherwise, I can't think of many UK posters.

Veteran Member

(And that is how we Scots like to keep it) similarly
    yip i think you are the scottish guy
    hmm maybe it would be an idea to make an english version of TBN so all us englanders can benefit from it
    mith

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    NH TC 35 had, now a TC35DA LS25 lawnmower

Mith; Only one problem, you have to get up to Nothumbria before anyone really speaks English. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Have been to the UK and can't say enough about the way we were treated. I'm Scots/Irish, but no one held it against me. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] BTW, I think I really know who built Hadrians wall. It just had to be the Scots, you know it was the ONLY way to keep the barbarians out of Scotland. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Veteran Member

Barbariens OUT of scotland - in more like
    you dont see us refined english gentlemen running about in skirts, wether the myth is true or not [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
    you say cant say enough about the way we were treated - good or bad?
    ah well looks like there are no current resident of the UK on this site - cool looks like im the only english person here neat huh?
    [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]mith

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    NH TC 35 had, now a TC35DA LS25 lawnmower

Mith; Glad you didn't say English "gentleman". [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] We were treated VERY good. We went right after 9/11. Landed at Gatwick, then went to Hexham. On to Carlisle where in Carlisle Abbey in the Chapel is one of my ancestors, William Hardy. He was a Chaplain is the Border Regiment during WWI and was awarded the Victoria Cross. It was blind luck I found that. Talk about goosebumps. We also got to celebrate Guy Fawkes Day and Remembrance Day while we were there. At Gatwick on Remembrance Day, I recall the guy came over the PA system and said in however many minutes, a moment of silence would be held. Yea right I thought. Well, in that time frame the moment came, you could have heard a pin drop anywhere in the airport. I mentioned to my wife, could you see that happening at say Detroit Metro? I plan on coming back to the UK soon. The only thing I had trouble with was understanding the Southern England version of English, and black pudding. Man, that stuff is caca!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Veteran Member

well it appears thet you understand me so your southern english cant be too shoddy.
    it souds like you also met a nice bunch of english people - they arent all that nice [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
    mith

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast