Don't it just figure?

/ Don't it just figure? #1  

RobertN

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
Don\'t it just figure?

Just got home from rescuing my Mom-in-law.

Here it is, on the eve of Christmas. She is out doing a last errand. Someone notices her left rear tire is practically flat, as she is approaching her car in a parking lot /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

No problem she thinks... She goes a couple blocks, and pulls in to the local Big-O tire shop. It's 1pm... But, it is christmas eve... The tire store is closed! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

So, she calls her roadside assistance number that came with the car deal. She has a bad cell signal, and can not hear the roadside assistance folks, nor can they hear her! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

So, she was able to call us, although the the call was hard to hear /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

We went down, and changed her tire for her, in the parking lot of the closed tire store. Oh well, all is well that ends well /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Don't it just figure? #2  
Re: Don\'t it just figure?

It could have been worse...you could live in Indianna or Ohio and have had to do it deep in show and freezing your fingers off...! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey, what are family for anyway? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attaboy!

/ Don't it just figure? #3  

Robert,

I would have left my mother inlaw there all Christmas, What a peaceful Christmas it would be.

/ Don't it just figure? #4  

yeah right big bad ausy...............you would never have heard the end of it. Your better half would have taken you out to the outback woodshed and worn you out.

just kidding you deadong, have a great Christmas

/ Don't it just figure? #5  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It could have been worse...you could live in Indianna or Ohio and have had to do it deep in show and freezing your fingers off...! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey, what are family for anyway? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attaboy! )</font>

We didn't get any of that here along the Ohio river.It was North west and sout west of me.

/ Don't it just figure? #6  

Sounds exactly like my M-I-L. I'm so glad that she has given up driving a car but I wish she could still drive her ol' JD 820. Spending a couple of hours every day running around on that old tractor used to keep her so very happy.

Strange though, when she had a flat tire or battery, the weather was always freezing cold, pouring with rain/sleet/snow and the wind was blowing 100 mph. Do you think she used to sit there and wait for the weather to turn bad before making the call????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Don't it just figure? #7  

My M-I-L and F-I-L are here from Scotland; they are in a super good mood because of their stupendous son-in-law and also because of the weather here - 70 during the day and 55 at night. F-I-L is even helping me wire brush and paint 150' of rusty metal fence.

/ Don't it just figure? #8  

Daedong - you may also have been banished to Birdsville for the rest of your life.

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif