Health Insurance

/ Health Insurance #1  

gsganzer

Elite Member
Tractor
L3800 w/FEL and BH77, BX 2200 w/FEL and MMM
I know it's non-tractor related, but where else can you find as many knowledgeable people then TBN?

Has anyone else's company health insurance doubled? Mine went from $260/mo for a family, to $520/mo for a family. The same thing with the plans offered at my wife's company. Both plans are United Healthcare.

/ Health Insurance #2  
Umm... this next statement qualifies as both a legitimate complaint (based on how much mine went up) and at the same time a statement of relief that it still isn't as high as yours.

Last year ours went from $5 family coverage to $100 family coverage, but we're still far lower than the national average.

/ Health Insurance #3  
Luckily I don't have a family yet to have to feel this burden. Both my wifes employer and mine pay our individual premiums 100%. From what I have heard, your situation is typical lately.

Lawrence

/ Health Insurance #4  
gsganzer,

Is the premium you mentioned the whole premium or just your contribution?

For my company, our rates have actually been going down about 8% per year for the past 2 years.

There's a lot of demographic issues but in general we pay approx:
$215 - single
$500 - employee/spouse
$700 - employee/family

/ Health Insurance #5  
Ours changed from United Healthcare to Humana the first of 2004, and now for 2005 my premiums went from $521 to $716 just for the two of us, and the only reason it didn't go higher is because I became eligible for Medicare the first of the year so the insurance for my part is a Medicare supplement. The insurance is for a PPO plan, $1,000 deductible, then an 80/20 plan for my wife. And it really won't pay anything at all for me until I've been $4,000 out of pocket. The only reason I keep it is that I have to pay for myself in order to keep my wife on it. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Health Insurance #6  
MY health ins is about the same as Bird's. $718 is my part that I pay for for myself and my wife.

Ben

/ Health Insurance #7  
For a typical BC/BS policy, our monthly premium is 791.20 It was 614.90 back in 2002.

/ Health Insurance
Bczoom, the amount I stated is my contribution.

Looking at what some others are paying, I don't feel so violated now. Welcome to the "healthcare crisis" we've all been hearing about. I may not have a complete grasp on what's causing the crisis, but I'm positive the idiots in Washington don't have a clue.

/ Health Insurance #9  
Boy, and I was irritated when my monthly rates went from $45.00/month in 2004 to $95/month in 2005!

Guess I don't feel quite so bad after seeing what some of you guys are paying. Now that I'm retiring this year, my rate can only increase by no more than 3% per year, if at all. The real kicker was that if I could've retired in 2004, I would've been locked in at the $45/month rate. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Health Insurance #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( rate can only increase by no more than 3% per year )</font>

That's great if they can't change that later. When I started with the Police Department, we were told that the rates would always be the same for active and retired personnel; just that the City paid for the employees, the employees paid for any dependents, and retirees paid both for themselves and for any dependents. But years later, some of the younger employees who were too dumb to think that they might be retired someday, convinced the City to change it so that retirees pay higher premiums, both for themselves and for any dependents.