Photo software

/ Photo software #1  

Rowski

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 New Holland TN70DA with 32LC loader, 2000 New Holland 2120 with Curtis cab, 7309 loader
Looking for some advice on photo software. Looking for something with slightly more features than a basic home version. On the other hand I don't need a professional version either. This digital photography stuff is great. Took 40 pitures of the local 4th of July parade. Put it in a slide show format and showed some friends the parade pictures later that afternoon. Also documenting the projects I'm working on step by step into digital photo album.

Thanks for the help.

Derek
18-29716-2120.gif

/ Photo software #2  
Re: Photo-Free Software

Free Custom Photo/Screensaver Software

This is one of the best custom screensaver software I've seen. Did I mention it was free.

You load up all your tractors, dogs, kids, chickens, barns, flowers, etc. pictures and have a blast.../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ Photo software #3  
For ease of use, that's basically idiot proof, with a short learning curve, reasonably priced and no rocket scientist degree needed to operate {my kind of software!} at the top of my list would be Microsoft Picture-It. {$29-49.}

For cleaning up bad/old photo's using "auto pilot" mode that actually works... I use Ulead PhotoImpact. {$49-79.}

I have Corel Draw/Photo, Adobe Photoshop, and a mass of others, but haven't found the time to sit down and learn them. I like the quick, down and dirty that takes care of things now...

There's only 30 hours in a day ya know.../w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

18-48044-JFM3BW5205SigFile.JPG

/ Photo software #4  
Derek,

Both Adobe photoshop and Microsoft Image Composer work well. Photoshop is a bit expensive.

A bunch of shareware programs are also exist
http://cws.internet.com/image.html

Phred

/ Photo software #5  
Derek, take the time to look at ACDSee from ACD Systems at:

http://www.acdsystems.com

You can view all your photo files as thumbnails, edit, color correct, resize, and catalog your photos by printing a contact sheet. This software is the BEST. I use it to catalog the thousands and thousands of photos and other bitmap illustrations I use in my multimedia pilot training. It's simple to use and you can download a trial version for free. Give it a shot. You'll be glad you did. If digital photos are your left hand, ACDsee should be your right hand. It's just that good./w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

JimI

/ Photo software #6  
Like John I too have Adobe and Corel. When I bought my scanner (UMAX) I had lots of problems using it until I discovered Microsoft Picture It. GREAT PACKAGE. Scanning and editing the images are very easy.

Last year I found Photoworks (www.photoworks.com). They offer a basic package (for free) for viewing and printing your digital camera images in a photo album format (multiple images on a page - REAL EASY to use). They offer advanced features for a $15 upgrade fee. I use that all the time for my photos. Do my printouts on a Canon 6000 printer. Photoworks also offer photo prints from your digital images (you simply E-Mail them your files, they process the same a roll of film and then snail mail the photos to you.)

I also use PrintShop (forgot the version - I'm not at home right now - comes on 8 CD's) that has a VERY powerful image editing tool included. It runs slow on my machine at home (pentium 100 MHz) though and will be used more when (if) I upgrade.

Steve

/ Photo software #7  
Derek
I have not found one program that will do all that I want. Below are the ones that I use.
I use ACDSEE as my photo viewer. It's got to be the best out there./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Get the Classic version. If all you are going to do is view pictures.
To edit and modify pictures I use Microsoft PhotoDraw V2. Not as powerful as some of the other programs. But is one of the easier ones to use./w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif Can be purchased for less than $100.00.
One of the best programs I have for making pictures ready for the Net is Hermra Net Graphics Optimizer for HP. It came with my HP 6300 scanner. An expensive scanner but software more than made up for the extra cost./w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif You can get a trail copy at their site.

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Photo software #8  
I don't know what software that is the best but I do know the ability to make changes in the pictures has more to do with being right or left brain. Where left brain people, like me, have a lot of problems adjusting colors for we don't see a big difference between colors. Right brain people do wonderful things with the cheapest software. If you do not know if you are left or right brain, here is a little quiz. If you look at a pile of wood, do you see just a pile of wood or do you see a finished project? If you see the pile of wood, you are left brain. I think the photo software has more do do with your ability than the software itself. As you can tell I am a left brained person.

Dan L

/ Photo software #9  
Go to Download.com and search for IrfanView. Sometimes it is listed as IView. Great free software. Lots of features. I use it far more than I use Photoshop. Has thumbnails, slideshow, adjust contrast, brightness, and a whole lot more -- and its free.

/ Photo software #10  
Derek -- We use Adobe PhotoShop, DreamWeaver Fireworks, JASC PhotoSomething ???, and Microsoft PhotoDraw and for intuitive just-get-the-job-done ease of use we prefer the Microsoft product. You're close enough to us that you ought to drop by for a visit. You can try all four, meet the Wife and Clementine, etc. Think about it. Pete

www.GatewayToVermont.com