dozer

/ dozer #1  

P12JW

Speaking of "just for fun", I had a dozer dropped off to spead some fill (little quicker than with my 2710, if someone tells me how to run it). Doesn't look too hard, I'm sure I'll figure it out, just don't want to damage machine. Any starting'running precautions???????...John Deere 650...owner asumed I knew how, since I got a tractor..Don't want to flatten my wifes car...

/ dozer #2  
P12JW, that's some dozer! A friend of mine has a 350 which he's offered to let me use if I can get it transported to my place. I've seen him use it and all I can say is go s...l...o...w...l...y until you get the hang of it. Other than that, have a ball /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

15-43440-790signaturegif.gif

/ dozer
Thanks for the response Rob, I don't see a clutch, but theres a foot pedal on the right . Was wondering if there was a clutch to engage when starting or shifting??? It's pouring out now, the guy who let me use it ain't around, so when it dries up, I'll give her a try...see ya

/ dozer #4  
P12JW, I have just picked up a JD450 '81 model and have put about 60 hours on it now... They are pretty simple to operate, maybe not correctly but getting it around. It should take about 4-8 hours to get tthings down and start doing something useful. Have used mine for mostly clearing brush and fence lines out. Dirt work is the hardest. Mine has four gears, with a H-L-R shifter High-Low-Reverse also a netural in there. Brake on right, clutch on left. The only time you use it is to shift gears like on the tractor. With the motor running the transmission is turing full time. It is hydro-static for H-L-R, no clutch used. To start motor be sure it is in N (mine has a non-nutrual lock out that works again), let it idle and bring it up to speed slowly. To start working set RPM to lowest green setting on tach(1500 or so) lift blade and drop H-L-R into L or R and you are off. To stop pull H-L-R back to N and hit brake if in a hurry to stop, they do not coast far. Fine a open place to play around a while. The levers go to clutch then brake the track on that side... going forward was easy backing is tricky for a while.. (turn the wrong way)... Operator's manual says not to load the motor too heavy for the first 15 minutes as the motor warms-up. Also let the motor idle for about 2 minutes cool down for the turbo. You can get call a 800 number and get a operator's manual and have it overnighted to you if you would like.. cost on manual will be less the $15... Let me know if you need anything else...

/ dozer #5  
P12JW
What a great deal/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.I agree with the post about going slow till you get the hang of it. You'll be moving large amounts of dirt,trees,rocks,and whatever and it takes a bit to make it smooth.I'd get the rip and tear work out of the way and use the 2710 for the finish stuff. Would be easy working after being broke loose with the dozer.
regards
Mutt

/ dozer #6  
P12JW,
Now if you would need someone else, that does not know a thing about dozers, to help you with your project, I could drop by for a couple of days. Guess it is that "More Power" thing Tim Allen talks about./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

MarkV

/ dozer #7  
P12JW is my alter ego, (different computer). Thanks for all the info you guys gave me, I can see that dozers tend to excite people. I guess I'll find out why....Thanks again P12JW/Jaypee (computer illiterate)