ROTO ZIP!!!! YA!!! HOO!!!

/ ROTO ZIP!!!! YA!!! HOO!!! #1  

PBMAX

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC21D
HEY folks,Just thought I'd brag about the great little woman I married....She told me today she orderd me a roto zip with all the accessories/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif,for my BDay....(Which is today,31) Unfortunatly it wont be here til' we get back from the beach...but better late than never....The biggest plus is now I can plead for that table saw I've been wanting..../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif after the new wares of the roto...Timing is every thing...

Hey if any of ya'll have one of these.Throw some ideas my way... I'm just getting started on tools for the shop, but I figure that I'll need a router,bench-grinder,drill press,ect...Have a chop saw,Sawzall,batterydrill 18v,skill saw. Figure sence the rotozip is comming I can skip the jig saw,trimnail gun for air compressor.I will prob buy the router next...

I'd like to start with some book shelves 1st,any suggestions?

Lil' Paul
Proud owner of TC21D
Laziness is the Father of invention.../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ ROTO ZIP!!!! YA!!! HOO!!! #2  
When building my house, the trim carpenter cut the hole for a sink too small. Then the tile was put down. When it came time for the sink, the trim carpenter said there was nothing he could do since the tile was down. (like that was MY fault) The same thing also happened with my stove. (same carpenter, same tile) After exausting all resources, I bought a roto-zip, side grinder attachment, and diamond blade. That thing was awesome! Made one hell of a mess, but really got my butt out of a crack. Also used with the drill bit cutter bit (get plenty of these) to cut holes on cabinets for piping, and wiring. Also have used the grinder blade to do things where an air grinder is not feasable. Nice tool to have. ...also loud as hell.

Ben

/ ROTO ZIP!!!! YA!!! HOO!!! #3  
Hey ...

animated4.gif

/ ROTO ZIP!!!! YA!!! HOO!!! #5  
Happy Birthday! Keep us posted on how you like the rotozip.

SHF

/ ROTO ZIP!!!! YA!!! HOO!!!
Tom,Not yet but figured I need something to do when it's either to hot,cold or wet to play um...work with the tractor....So being,as PArot Head would say,the son of a son of a carpenter,I am naturally drawn to wood... I just love the smell of fresh cut timber!!!Now I'm no carpenter but i am pretty good with my hands so I figured why not...Besides i can always use most any wood cutting tools for some project or another around the house...Thanks for the link...

RPM /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif dude...

Lil' Paul
Proud owner of TC21D
Laziness is the Father of invention.../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ ROTO ZIP!!!! YA!!! HOO!!! #7  
Paul,

I've had a Roto Zip for couple of years now. Find it can sure come in handy when I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how I'm going to do such & such.

One thing I've done is take a piece of 3/4" plywood and affixed the RZ on the underside and placed the entire ensemble on top of say, an empty 5 gallon sized paint bucket that has rocks in it (with hole cut out for cord to exit). We used this setup for cutting tile when we needed some freeform action and a secure way to hold the tile.

Most recently I used it (along with cut off attachment for air compressor) to cut a square in some cinderblock we are using to build lamp post for inserting an outlet.

Can really kick up the dust though when your cutting drywall

Richard

/ ROTO ZIP!!!! YA!!! HOO!!! #8  
Paul,
I don't want to wish drywall work on you for your birthday, but that is where Roto Zip started. It is rare to see a drywall crew that does not use one these days. I would like my Roto Zip much more if I didn't hate drywall projects.

As you start your wood working shop, buy the best table saw you can. It will alway be the main tool of your shop.

MarkV