Wing Plow for truck

/ Wing Plow for truck #1  

Rowski

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 New Holland TN70DA with 32LC loader, 2000 New Holland 2120 with Curtis cab, 7309 loader
I am looking for a "side" wing snow plow for a 1 to 1.5 ton truck (4wd). I have done done quite a search on the internet, though probably only scratched it . I have tried some of my local truck fabrication shops with little to no leads. The only promising one is Henderson Mfg. They have one in the works for resale in early 2002. H.P. Fairfield has one for F-550 and up.

I did use many different search engines and didn't come up with to much, did get some phone numbers. I did however come up with a round about way of finding some more info. I went to the US Patent Office on-line and did a search. Found a lot of info with diagrams and descriptions along with names of the inverntors and the asignees (sp?). I've got that going in the works right now, waiting for replies. I have heard that these type of units are fairly common in Canada and Maine? I was hopping that some of the forum members from these regions might be able to help along with any others.

This wing setup is mostly going to be used for for "shelving" or "benching" of the side snow banks.

Thanks

Derek
18-29716-2120.gif

/ Wing Plow for truck #2  
Derek,

There's a small company near my parent's place in Quebec that makes plows of all sizes. Don't know if they make a wing plow. Here's their info:
Cote & Fils Ltd.
19 Cote
Mercier, Quebec
J6R 2B9
450-691-2967

How's your French?/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

18-55424-kubota.jpg

/ Wing Plow for truck
Paul

No go on the French.

I plugged the name of the company into Yahoo and look what I found http://www.w-cote.com/.They make a wing plow! They will get a call in the morning!

Thanks

Derek
18-29716-2120.gif
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Rowski on 07/17/01 11:21 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ Wing Plow for truck #4  
It's funny how some large companies who you'd expect to have web sites don't, and how small, local companies like this one do./w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

They list my tractor dealer as one of their retailers - Colpron. I don't think it's that far from your place. I've camped at Lake Elmore in Morrisville - took me about 2 1/2 hours to get there.

18-55424-kubota.jpg

/ Wing Plow for truck
Paul

It is pretty amazing about the search engines. I know I didn't come across this company while searching for wing plows. But put the company name in the search engine and its in their. I too have come across small companies having web sites and larger one don't. I'm not 100% sure how search engine work, but don't you have to register key words or something similar with a particular search engine.

Montreal isn't to far way. It's been awhile but i think its around 1 1/4 hrs. Used to have to go to Meriable (sp?) airport to pick up relatives. I'm on the west side of Jay Peak Ski Area (north central, alomg the Canadian border).

I sent this Cote & Fils (sons?) an e-mail, waiting for a reponse.

Derek
18-29716-2120.gif

/ Wing Plow for truck #6  
It's Mirabel, but close enough. Wow, you must have a heavy foot - it takes me an hour to get there from my place.
And who says your French isn't that good? (Fils does indeed mean sons)

P.S. Thanks for the Silver!

18-55424-kubota.jpg

/ Wing Plow for truck #7  
I've only seen the 'wings' on the big trucks .. you do mean one of these right?

snowplow76.jpg

snowplow3.jpg

Most of the plows (if not all) that I see on 4x4 pick-up trucks around here are by Western or Meyer.

Western is at:

http://www.westernplows.com/

Meyer is at:

http://www.meyerproducts.com/

I had a look on the net, but the who the wing plow manufacturers are must be one of those well kept secrets ...

This is the right time to look for a plow though!

Patrick

/ Wing Plow for truck
Patrick

Yes.

wing_plow_photo.gif

But the company that makes the above picture has not responed to my e-mails or phone calls/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif.

I have (along with my father) a snow plow business. We plow 100 drives. To see some snowy pictures.

We use Fisher plows.

Derek
18-29716-2120.gif

/ Wing Plow for truck #9  
Derek,

Try calling one of their distributors (listed on that web site you found). This is a very seasonal company. Father and son live across the street and I don't even think they visit the place if there isn't work to do. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a third party that gets their e-mail for them - I'm still amazed at the fact that they even have a web site.

18-55424-kubota.jpg

/ Wing Plow for truck #10  
Whoa! Pennsylvania would declare a state emergency with that kind of snow. We only had the one snowfall recently that hit 3ft and we closed down for two days.

Those pictures are impressive ...

Patrick