remote control gate

/ remote control gate #1  

heehaw

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M4900, B7510 and RTV
i want to install a remote control gate, using a garage opener, since i have 2 that i am not using. i have electricty available, but haven't come up with a good way to hook the thing to a gate?? years ago, some farm magazine had a drawing on how to do this, but i haven't been able to locate that drawing.
any suggestions??
heehaw

/ remote control gate #2  
For less troubles and headaches, why not just purchase a GTO gate opener? You could sell your garage openers to off-set the cost. They also run off battery power which can be electrically trickle charged or run by solar charged energy. What would you do if the power goes out? My battery is going on three years old and still opens the gate at the rated speed.

/ remote control gate
i have looked at the battery powered openers and was a little leary that i would be buying a new one ever few years..and garage door openers seem to last a long time and are pretty trouble free..plus i have the garage door openers..so i am trying to use what i have..the cheapest battery powered ones i have seen are $300 without the solar unit..
heehaw

/ remote control gate #4  
Our highway gate is opened by a garage door opener, and has been for decades. It is a screw-type opener, as it would be harder to design using a chain drive opener. Our design was copied from another's that is about 10 miles from us.

If you want to PM or email me, I'd be glad to clear up any questions you have on the design. I have a digital camera and can take photos too.

Phil

/ remote control gate
a couple pictures would help..mainly how its attached to the gate.
thanks
heehaw

/ remote control gate #6  
I've got some photos stored on my home computer. If you email me I can send 'em to you. Eventually I should get them reduced in size so I can post them there. Been on jury duty the last few weeks (and not done yet) so I haven't been doing my regular computer activities.

Phil

/ remote control gate
sent you a private message with my email address..
thanks...

/ remote control gate #8  
I got your PM, and will send some photos as soon as I can. Been out of the area on jury duty for the last 4 weeks.

I'll try and get some photos sent tonight.

Phil

/ remote control gate #9  
Do one of you mind posting the pics on TBN for the rest of us to get ideas?

/ remote control gate #10  
I'll post them next week. Taking a long weekend, be back online then. I need to transfer them to my work computer which is on DSL and also has programs for reducing file size.

Phil