Sold the old Dodge truck

/ Sold the old Dodge truck #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
Well, it was bound to happen the moment I realized that my bride's idea of a "fun old truck hobby" meant she got to drive it and I got to work on it endlessly...but we could spend no money on it. So it was a hobby doomed from the beginning.

Still, it was hard driving that '57 onto the new owner's trailer and watching it go away. Really took a financial soaking on that one! On the plus side, however, I now have space in my garage and will actually be able to do routine maintenance on my vehicles without having to root around in the mud!

And, when our Mini Cooper arrives, he'll have a place of honor out of the weather! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete

/ Sold the old Dodge truck
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Was it " Ethan " that went?

Egon )</font>

Yup, that be Ethan.

/ Sold the old Dodge truck #4  
<font color="blue"> ...but we could spend no money on it. </font>

Hey Boondox, I've got a '61 Dodge pickup. It was my grandpa's and now it just sits around. I might be willing to spend a little money on it if I could just find the right parts /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. It looks pretty rough but it only has 49,xxx original miles on it. It will still start and I will drive it around on my property, but the brakes must be bled every time /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif so I don't even try taking it on the road. I'll post a picture when I come across one.

Lawrence

/ Sold the old Dodge truck
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> ...but we could spend no money on it. </font>

Hey Boondox, I've got a '61 Dodge pickup. It was my grandpa's and now it just sits around. I might be willing to spend a little money on it if I could just find the right parts /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. It looks pretty rough but it only has 49,xxx original miles on it. It will still start and I will drive it around on my property, but the brakes must be bled every time /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif so I don't even try taking it on the road. I'll post a picture when I come across one.

Lawrence )</font>

I had a running slant six out of an early 70s Dart, but finally got tired of trying to give it away. So I stripped off some things people wanted like the carb and the starter, but the rest is at the bottom of a seven foot deep hole serving as a very large grounding rod for my electric fencing! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Sold the old Dodge truck #6  
Pete:

Tain't fair after all the blood - sweat - tears shed on restoring Ethan! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But do think Fu Paws will be more fun to drive!

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Sold the old Dodge truck #7  
Here is a picture of my 1961 Dodge from last summer when everything was nice and green (and freshly mowed).

Lawrence

Attachments

• 648915-dodge2.JPG
    648915-dodge2.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 132
   / Sold the old Dodge truck #8  
Here is a picture from this winter. Don't laugh at me in the orange hat; I know it's only Mississippi, but it feels cold to me /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif!

Lawrence

Attachments

• 648919-dodge1.JPG
    648919-dodge1.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 167
   / Sold the old Dodge truck #9  
You can see a little of the interior in this picture.
I looked and looked but I don't seem to have any pictures of the pickup with the hood down. What does that say about it /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif? I finally charged the battery and it is now holding a charge, so at least I don't have to jump it off everytime anymore.

Lawrence

Attachments

• 648922-dodge3.JPG
    648922-dodge3.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 112
   / Sold the old Dodge truck #10  
It's a pretty place, but the truck does look a little sad. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif