Interesting Video..World Plowing Record..France???

/ Interesting Video..World Plowing Record..France??? #1  

hobbyfarm

Veteran Member
First the plowing record, then the AirBus 380...are the French kicking our butts?

Plowed 209.42 Hectares (2.47acres/hectare) in 24 hours, CaseIH 425HP Quadtrac and a 17 bottom Gregoire-Besson plow at 27cm (about 10 1/2") deep. BP performed on-the-go refueling.
<font color="red">Gregoire-Besson World Plowing Record </font>
To see them so hyped up, you'd think they got another pope or something!

Just remember <font color="pink">Frenchie</font> we got <font color="blue">BigBud</font> here! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Interesting Video..World Plowing Record..France??? #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( First the plowing record, then the AirBus 380...are the French kicking our butts? )</font>

It probably wouldn't have gone as well if this statement wasn't part of their equation. "The tractor Case IH type Quadtrac with 425 hp (max. power) and imported from the United States"

/ Interesting Video..World Plowing Record..France??? #3  
Plowing contests are a big deal over there. That one has all ready fallen. World Record.

/ Interesting Video..World Plowing Record..France??? #4  
I can't speak to the AirBus other than to say that many analysts project the need for smaller commercial commuter jets than for super jumbos.

As for the plowing record being held by France, it is an easy thing to explain. We all know that the French also hold the record for the number of languages they can say "I surrender" and we also know that they turn tail and run at the sight of anything more threatening than wine & cheese, so it makes sense to harness that energy and hook a plow up to them. The real story behind the plowing record is that one enterprising individual sneaked up behind them, hooked them up to a plow and then scared the heck out of them. . . they yelled I SURRENDER and turned tail and ran, dragging the plow with them and the only reason they stopped was because they got to the English channel and were afraid of getting wet.

At least that is the way I hear the story goes /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif It is a shame the press does not accurately report things.

/ Interesting Video..World Plowing Record..France??? #5  
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif, Soap and water scares em to death too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif You go Bob! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Interesting Video..World Plowing Record..France???
Jerry,
Is that the current record? I might have know that it'd have been broken already. That video was from 2000. It was a cool video to watch.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I can't speak to the AirBus other than to say that many analysts project the need for smaller commercial commuter jets than for super jumbos.
)</font>

Bob,
You're forgetting one thing. People are trying to leave France faster then they are trying to get there. I'll bet those jets leave with standing room only; and return with more freight than people. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Interesting Video..World Plowing Record..France??? #9  
Well BoB, I was trying to crank up the ole hat rack to say something about that BUT I think YOU really said it ALL! I couldn't have thought of a better/nicer way of puttin the whole thing! THANK YOU Excuss me now the only thing I can say is Maybe Senior Foxx will expalin to JJ that he really don't care what he's got to say! Foxx ain't in the good Ole USA!

/ Interesting Video..World Plowing Record..France??? #10  
<font color="blue"> First the plowing record, then the AirBus 380...are the French kicking our butts?</font>

Oh, wee wee, pee pee, pooh pooh. I quake in my boots, no. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif