Someone stole my dog today!

/ Someone stole my dog today! #1  

bgott

Veteran Member
Tractor
2001 TN65, 1951 8N Ford
...and then they brought him back. I can't figure this one out. I leave my house around 9 AM. I'm missing my Springer Spaniel, Buddy. My lab is still there but he is a little skittish if he doesn't know you so he would be hard to steal. I look under the house with the flashlight, no dog. No holes in the fence but this little booger doesn't leave the yard even if the gate is left open. I call the roomy, dog was there at 6 AM. when he went to work. I run the neighborhood cussing the illegals, they usually steal Pit Bulls but I figured that Buddy must have done in a pinch. These dogs I have are rescue dogs, I rescued them from people that had them tied up in the weather and starved them big time. Buddy is a little thief, if something is in your hand he'll go after it thinking it's grub and he ain't real accurate so you might end up getting nipped. He realizes his mistake pretty quickly so he doesn't clamp but it would be enough to scare a kid that doesn't know him. All I could think of is the poor little booger nipping a kid trying to steal a hot dog out of their hand and he would be tied in the yard and starved or dumped somewhere. I call the pound, the only dogs they have picked up today is a shepard and a hound, no springers. I hit the house around 3 PM and flop down on the couch to eat a sandwich. I had checked the yard before I went in and no dog. While I'm on the couch I hear the fence rattle but I don't think much about it and then I hear his weird little bark! Huh? I look out the window and there he is! I run out the door but whoever it was has disappeared. Buddy is barking because I had given the lab a rawhide chew toy before I had went in and Buddy is trying to steal it. He must not have had too bad of a day if the first thing on his mind when he gets home is theft!

/ Someone stole my dog today! #2  
<font color="blue"> ( While I'm on the couch I hear the fence rattle but I don't think much about it and then I hear his weird little bark! Huh? I look out the window and there he is! I run out the door but whoever it was has disappeared. ) </font>

Could the dog have jumped the fence, and on his return jumped back in to cause the rattle?

/ Someone stole my dog today! #3  
Sounds like an alien abduction to me. Better check him over real well for scars or implants, them make him a tinfoil hat (I haven't been abducted since I started wearing mine). /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Glad you got your dog back and he is OK.

/ Someone stole my dog today! #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Could the dog have jumped the fence )</font>

That's exactly what I was thinking. I had a Springer once that jumped/climbed a 6 ft chainlink fence and caused a little rattle as he cleared it. I didn't see him, but I heard him the second time.

It might have been the same day I saw those strange lights in the sky...
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Someone stole my dog today! #5  
Pictures pictures, we want pictures /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Someone stole my dog today!
Alien abduction? Possible. There is a chance that this little booger IS an alien! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I doubt he scaled the fence. The rattle I heard on the gate was like the rattle I hear when someone is coming in the gate or one of the dogs brush up against it. It would have taken him a few seconds, at least, to climb it. I dunno. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

No pics, the camera is on the blink. If a battery charge fixes it I'll post some.

/ Someone stole my dog today! #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I doubt he scaled the fence )</font>

I don't think many dogs would, but it's not unheard of. When I was a teenager, I was given a dog that had been trained to bark, lie down, roll over, sit up, play dead, etc. The owner said he had to get rid of her because she could climb a chain link fence and he couldn't afford to bail her out of the dog pound anymore (which he said he had already done twice).

/ Someone stole my dog today! #8  
I'm with Birdman sounds like an alien abduction to me too.

But in any case I'm glad that he came home or was brought home after the aliens finished their experiments on him. They most likely couldn't afford to feed him. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Someone stole my dog today! #9  
Last year, someone hopped over our fence and stole our two papillon's and took off. I jumped the fence and went running.. but since this was at the back of the pasture, by the time I got there they were gone. A few minutes later I did find one of them. I guess 2 were just too hard to run with when being chased? I told our neighbors about this and they said that a year earlier someone did the same to one of their corgies. He's an older fellow and couldn't runt he guy down. He later walked the neighborhood behid us calling his dog till he hear it barking. it was locked inside someones house.. he had to threaton the 'thief' that he would call the law, and the 'thief' let the dog out of the house...

Weird world... so many dogs in pounds.. and someone has got to steal another persons..

Soundguy

/ Someone stole my dog today!
My German Shepard could climb a chain link fence. She would also eat her way through it. My fence and yard has all sorts of junk propped up against it and stuck in holes under the fence, thanks to her. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif She would get into the front yard and then get under the house, knowing I couldn't get to her. Then she would be free to run the 'hood when I had to leave. I finally got tired of the game and found a Daisy Red Rider BB gun at a yard sale and it only took two go arounds to cure her of going under the house. After that, if I saw her climbing or chewing at the fence, all I had to do was shake the gun and make the BBs rattle and the rest of her nasty little habits were cured, also. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Some of you might think that's cruel. It can't be any worse than a shock collar and, being that we used to have BB gun wars when I was a kid, I have been shot with one or two myself so I know what it feels like. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif