Go-Kart for Kids

/ Go-Kart for Kids #1  

M. Sullivan

Silver Member
Tractor
B2710 w/ 402 Loader and 72" belly mower.
Thought someone might have been through this...... Looking for a small go-kart for my 5.5 year-old. A little research and shopping revealed few options. Anyone know of a good brand (have 2 more boys that will use after my oldest is done with it), or a website (ideally user forum) ??

Ones I've seen were $800+ for a marginal chassis (no suspension) and a 2 or 3 hp Tecumseh (low quality engine manufacturer from memory). Don't mind paying the $$, but want something robust that will last.

Any help appreciated.

/ Go-Kart for Kids #2  
Mike,
I've been looking for the last two months for my 5 year old, going to be 6, for one for her birthday. I haven't found anything yet either. I have only found one less than $800 at Northern Tool. They did have free shipping on it though. All the ones with suspension are usually over a thousand dollars and the seat doesn't adjust enough for her to reach the pedals. They have a really nice one at Sam's, Yerf Dog. It has full suspension, nice motor, etc. but there's no way to adjust it for her as the steering wheel comes out too far. It was $999, $1199 everywhere else. It looks like I'll be getting the one from Northern Tool as I can't find anything else comparable. I have to get it ordered though because her birthday is the 22nd of this month. Let me know if you find anything else.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ Go-Kart for Kids #3  
   / Go-Kart for Kids #4  
M Sullivan,I just bought my 3 boys (ages7,9,11) a 2 seater yerf dog with a 6hp. Tech. engine. It has front shocks on it too. I payed a little over $1000.00 for it and so far it has been great. I like it to. It goes pretty good. You can get it sideways aroung the corners and it does around 35. So far I've just had to do a few little agj. But they do ride it hard to. They wanted to get a motor cycle but with all the trees we have I just didn't think that it would be safe. So I have cleared lots of trails and a big clear area for a track. They are lots of fun and I think pretty safe. Good luck Darin.

/ Go-Kart for Kids #5  
They've got a Yerf Dog 6 hp full suspension one at Sam's that is $1249 everywhere else for $999. The only problem is that it's too big for my daughter to reach the pedals.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ Go-Kart for Kids #6  
Are your sure you didn't get your numbers backwards?

Bird

/ Go-Kart for Kids #7  
Whoops I sure did Bird. $999 at Sam's, $1249 everywhere else. Thanks for the heads up.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ Go-Kart for Kids #8  
Ooops, I'l; just reply to myself here....I messed up the links and ended up with too many 'http s'... The links are okay, just remove the ' http://' part....Tried to edit but wouldn't let me....

These karts are probably more than anyone's looking for, but I didn't even realize the selection available nowadays and thought it was good info....

Sorry....

The Crowes

/ Go-Kart for Kids #9  
Crow,
Yes I figured that out. Good info. though. I didn't see all of those sights. Appreciate the info.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF