Bone Head Stunts

/ Bone Head Stunts #1  

TomG

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 1710: Loader, Hoe, Snowblower, Box scrapper & 3ph Forks
I did a prizewinner yesterday, but 'bone head' wasn't exactly what I called myself at the time.

I was using the loader to fill a leeching bed with septic stone and also moving stuff around with 3ph forks. I filled the leeching bed and then picked up a bucket of stone for ballast while using the rear forks. Moved some 55 gal drums filled with sand left from the previous owner.

End of the day. I'm tired of wrestling with drums of sand and other heavy stuff. Time to dump the ballast on the leeching bed and put the tractor away. Gee, can't find the chain that secures the implements. Opps, forgot that I was using that chain and a load binder to secure things on the forks. Oh no, I was carrying them on top of the stone I dumped in the pit.

Of course nothing was visible in the pit but stone. Grasping at straws. Maybe they fell out. Retraced the path to the drums. Of course not. No hope but to get a shovel and start digging in stone. Even more tired now and also late for dinner. Moral I guess is: Take more breaks and stop sooner.

/ Bone Head Stunts #2  
TomG,
Maybe its a Tom thing.

Its seems every winter I manage to smack my mail box once or twice,with the front end loader or the plow and repairing or replacing the mail box.
Of coarse the end of my driveway the last area I plow and by than I'm cold or tried.

I've broken 2 Kubota coffee cups so far in 5+ years in which I left setting on the rear tire,yep push down on HST and smash. :eek:(

By the sounds you need to take today off and relax.

Be good to yourself an have little fun.

Thomas..NH

/ Bone Head Stunts #3  
I ran over and ruined two logging chains I had been pulling up trees with, the same day. Ran over them with the rotary cutter. They were right where I laid them.

/ Bone Head Stunts
What kind of cutter? I'm sort of in the market for a cutter. One that cuts up logging chain sounds like a good recommendation.

/ Bone Head Stunts #5  
A lady was telling me that her husband had a heart attack so the lawn had not been mowed for some time.A neighbor cameover and said he would mow it for her.He proceeded to mow their 7 acres plus with her husbands 2mo old 2710.They have a large pond and the neighbor got a little close to the edge and rolled the tractor into eight ft of water.
5000.00 in repairs and it is now working fine.
P.S.
She said they now have a old riding mower they use to mow around the pond.

/ Bone Head Stunts #6  
Re: Rotary Mowers

TomG,

Look at the Bush Hog Medium Duty cutters. The blade is 4 inch wide and 1/2 inc thick.

/ Bone Head Stunts #7  
Maybe I should have said "tow" chains. The links are about 2" long, maybe 1/2" thick. The cutter is a Rhino. No damage to it at all.

/ Bone Head Stunts #8  
Bringing up CHAINS is painful!

Was dragging a junk car with a chain, stopped, got off tractor to do something. Consciously LOOKED AT THE CHAIN at ankle level stretched tight between the tractor and car, actually thought..."I should move tractor so chain has slack in it" Of course was too tired lazy whatever and in a few minutes fell over it, pivoted like a door swinging shut, landed with my arms under my chest, ribs bruised, hard to breathe, trip to doctor...wouldn't have felt SO STUPID except that I actually thought about it fixing the problem.

Moral of story, go slow get the job done later, move those pointy things off the workbench etc., when you're 20 you get injured and go on. When you cresting 50 you get injured and you know it FOR WEEKS. From now on...if I go and mow 1/10 an acre, time for a NAP!

/ Bone Head Stunts #9  
Del,
I'm 41, does this mean I only have about 8 good years left?

/ Bone Head Stunts #10  
Eight good years left, Von, if you're lucky. Actually, I made it to 55 before I seem to have started downhill fast./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

And I've never tried mowing a chain, but last Spring I bought 3 brand new garden hoses for watering the garden, and used them one time before I mowed. Naturally I hit right where two of them were connected together, so I got two at a time instead of just one./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird