Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Default tractor people

While putting my change up after work today.. i just noticed what I have been using as a 'change receiver' setting on my nightstand. it's the red lense to a round stop lmap. ( about 3" and slightly beveled ) Makes a great holder for change.

I guess I've been using this thing for a few years now.

I wonder if other tractor people have adapted other 'crazy' things into their everyday lives... besides the stuff like um.. wearing clothes that have/say/deptic tractors on them.. virtually every day..
    [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Soundguy

Tractor
    John Deere 790

Default Re: tractor people

Years ago (like in high school), I used a piston out of a Briggs engine for exactly the same. I think my oldest son now has that treasure as he "inherited" the desk I used as a kid.

I will say, I'm much more sophisticated now. I even have a coaster on my workbench to prevent those ugly rings from the cold beverage [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

a friend of mine makes ashtrays from pistons he destroyed in his snowmobile. needless to say he will never run out of ashtrays [img]/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

My dad was in WWII and liked to paint with water colors. He kept his paint brushes in an expended artillery shell and a rocket fuse tube. I have them in my garage right next to an old wooden explosives case that has... gee, I forgot what's in there. NOT explosives, but I can just see it when I pass away and someone is cleaning out the garage. YIKES! Better put a note on it. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Don't have a change tray yet, but do have some old engine parts that would make neat ones. Hmmm.... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Elite Member
    Tractor
    IH 2444

a sediment bowl makes a good shot glass [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Or toothpick holder.
    Ben

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( a sediment bowl makes a good shot glass [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Or toothpick holder.
    Ben
    )</font>
    <font color="purple"> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    </font> <font color="red"> &amp; </font> a distributor cap makes a good desk top pen and pencil holder.

Tractor
    JD 2440/4440/4020/4955

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( While putting my change up after work today.. i just noticed what I have been using as a 'change receiver' setting on my nightstand. it's the red lense to a round stop lmap. ( about 3" and slightly beveled ) Makes a great holder for change.

I guess I've been using this thing for a few years now.

I wonder if other tractor people have adapted other 'crazy' things into their everyday lives... besides the stuff like um.. wearing clothes that have/say/deptic tractors on them.. virtually every day..
    [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Soundguy )</font>

I have a cylinder sleeve out of one of my tractors sitting on my desk. It serves as a reminder to change anti-freeze, or for that matter, to do needed service when it's time. The sleeve is pitted, with one penetration all the way through its wall. That resulted in 3 gallons of coolant winding up in the oil pan while out plowing. (Do I need to go on about the results...?) Anti-freeze will become acidic in time, causing this "wet sleeve pitting".

That old sleeve is now a $7000 pen and pencil holder........

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Century 3035

How about a lynch pin as a money clip?

Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

Think I have you all beat.

You know when you find a comfortable tractor ride and you just don't want to give it up?

Check out the picture of my office..........

BTW The only reason that it's not painted New Holland blue already is because it is a prototype.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Masochist! How does one get some shut eye with that arrangement?? Put your feet on the desk and things are bound to happen!

Whats one persons important artifact may just be junk in some other view!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Egon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast